Senior Database administrator:
Work with a world-class team to support industry-leading Oracle Cloud services. In this role you will work with talented team of technologists responsible for maintaining Oracle's Cloud services as part of our Cloud Operations Global Nerve Center.
The Senior Database Administrator will be part of the Oracle Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for the 24/7/365 support of fast pace the production hosted environments. Must be customer-centric, goal-oriented, self-directed and have the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously with an unwavering dedication to operational excellence.
Must be a motivated, team-player with the ability to work cross functionally with a "can-do" and "do-it-right" attitude and willingness to mentor other DBAs.
Must be a self-starter and constantly thinking a way to improve the work.
This position's responsibilities include
• Participate 24x7 on call support on a weekly rotating schedule
• Responsible for performance, capacity planning and HA solution
• Evaluate new database features and make recommendations
• Develop complex Database administration automation and monitoring scripts
• Monitor and troubleshoot MySQL, MSSQL, and Oracle Database performance
• Share knowledge and mentor other DBAs as needed
• Develop and maintenance Standard Operating Procedures for DBA tasks and projects
• Perform database upgrades and database account migrations
• Periodically perform backup/recovery to validate the backup/recover procedures
• Monitor and troubleshoot ETL processes in Oracle database and MSSQL OLAP server
• Provide escalation support for database related issues
• Provide technical and business guidance for complex user problems
• Provide design assistance to Engineering department for new and existing releases
• Attend weekly Production Support team meetings and participate team building activities.
• Help the Application Support team as part of our GNC NOC team as required.
• Other duties, as assigned
Key Requirements include:
BS in a technical area or equivalent experience
Must have 5 years of extensive database management experience
Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Work on 24x7 production support environment
Excellent written and verbal communication
Experience on Oracle database 9i, 10g and 11g RAC Performance tuning on Solaris and Linux
Understanding of Oracle Database best practices and internal
Good knowledge of Oracle RMAN and other backup and recovery scenarios
Experience in any Unix shell script and perl script
Experience on Oracle SQL and good understanding on PL/SQL
Strong troubleshooting skills and able to reverse engineer process and scripts
Ability to troubleshoot and optimize SaaS customer SQL
Ability to commit and deliver measure result with tight projects and task timeline
HA MySQL with master/slave replication
Microsoft OLAP analysis , SAN (i.e. EMC), Oracle Exadata
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
Provide Development and/or Production support. This includes creating primary database storage structures, designing and creating primary objects, modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance, creating documentation, designing interfaces, database objects, and creating plans. Monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database, and allocate system storage and plan future storage needs. Create database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments. Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved RDBMS, ETL and database tools.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Exposure and practice at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.