Senior Database Engineer IC4
Location: Virginia, United States
Posted: January 19, 2017
Reference ID: 170002GJ
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
Provide development support for databases in our customer simulation lab. This includes designing and creating database objects; modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance; monitoring and optimizing performance of the database; planning for backup and recovery of the database; allocating system storage and planning future storage needs; and creating database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments.
The candidate will be also expected to lead the implementation of a rapid provisioning capability for database instances within that lab.
Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job Requirements :
- Strong Oracle Database Administration and SQL skills
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle RMDBS internals, ASM and RAC with an emphasis on scaling and performance
- Competent in daily administration activities such as storage layout, RMAN, Data Guard replication, backup/restore, patching, maintenance, upgrades, and access control
- Proficient with automation of maintenance tasks using PL/SQL and scripting tools such as shell script, Perl or Python
- Experience with Linux tools and commands.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting skills across the whole technology stack (db, middleware, OS, network), Enterprise Manager, backup and recovery
- Experience with Puppet,Ansible, Oracle Enterprise Manager or Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies a plus.
- Experience with Exadata or Exalogic is a plus.
- Desire for and quick to learn new technologies, team player, strong problem solving abilities, results-oriented, customer focused, self starter, and with good communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects, communicate with upper management, provide documentation, and work closely with product development teams.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.