Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is looking for creative and technologically passionate developers who would play a key role in
developing Authorize.Net applications. As a database engineer in a payment technology team, you will be working in an agile environment and help to design, enhance and build our data platform supporting customer needs. Your teammates will help, support and challenge you every day. You will be working with systems handling millions of transactions and huge data volumes.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Help the team to solve complex business problems by delivering innovative solutions
- Lead efforts to architect, build and manage applications supporting global transaction processing systems
- Develop a deep understanding of our systems especially w.r.t data
- Collaborate with multiple teams for development, code reviews and troubleshooting
- Capable of investigating and familiarizing new applications and technologies quickly
- Clarity in conveying technology ideas to both technical and non-technical audience
- Write Highly Optimized and quality T-SQL code
Nice to have:
- SQL Server (2014, 2016) - design, modelling, coding and unit testing experience
- Excellent T-SQL coding skills, solving complex business requirements with efficient, secure and highly-optimized T-SQL code
- Performance optimization of SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, SQL Agent Jobs using SQL Profiler, DB Tuning Advisor, Query Plans, DMOs et al
- Fluent with debugging and maintenance of T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, SQL CLR, Users, Tables, Views and other objects
- Has deep knowledge on SQL Security management (Roles, Users, and Logins etc.)
- Knows advanced SQL concepts - Transactions, Deadlocks, Partitioning, Change Data Capture, Query Plans, Dynamic Management Views, Row and Column Store Indexing etc.
- Experience handling large enterprise class databases (Terabytes) supporting highly active online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Driven and self-motivated. Work creatively to solve challenging problems
- Willingness to work with different technologies
- Excellent written and communication skills and leadership potential
- Experience with No-SQL (Cassandra etc.), Hadoop and Big Data technologies (HDFS, Solr, Spark, Kafka, Flume, Python etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS)) is a huge plus
- Experienced in high-availability and disaster recovery options - Always On, Replication, Failover Clustering
- Data modelling including warehousing concepts
- Experience with Always On, In-memory OLTP, advanced T-SQL analytical functions, Contained databases
- Experience with tools and/or add-on like SQL Sentry Plan explorer, Red Gate Software, Golden Gate etc.
- C#,.NET, Visual Studio 2015
- Experience with Agile methodologies/SCRUM
Most important qualities for the candidate are :
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership : Leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Enthusiasm : A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- Strategic focus : Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail : The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic : The innate drive to do work extremely well
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.