Professional and experienced sales professional to sell Penske's pre-owned commercial vehicles to large companies that own their fleet. Responsible for managing existing accounts by building strong relationships and providing exceptional customer service. Prospecting through cold calls, email marketing and other creative methods in order to grow the customer base. Self-motivated and driven to sell is a must in order to succeed in this position.
The territory consists of the New England area and Eastern Canada. This position offers a base salary and commission plan.
This position will be located in the northeastern U.S.
Penske is the leading seller of commercial vehicles in North America and has an excellent reputation for superior customer service and quality vehicles. The methods in which we sell pre-owned vehicles are innovative and progressive. There are many opportunities for growth inside the Remarketing Department and our company as a whole for those who excel.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of customer's fleet needs and buying practices
- Establish broad and deep relationships with customer
- Heavy emphasis on telemarketing calls and email marketing
- Must use creative and innovative marketing ideas to find ways to reach new customers.
- Selling offerings such as extended warranty, financing
- Work closely with Rental and Lease teams on cross-sell opportunities
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Some travel to visit existing customers, prospects, Penske locations and industry conferences
- 3 years sales experience required. Experience working in a quota environment preferred
- HS Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor degree preferred
- Requires sales ability, professionalism, analytical thinking and basic knowledge of truck specifications
- Prior experience within the truck/automotive dealer industry preferred
- Strong understanding of sales process, selling value and overcoming objections
- Comfortable interacting with owners and senior level managers of customers and prospects
- Good oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to deal with multiple complex tasks and assignments, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient at Windows based programs to be effective using Salesforce.com, FleetNet, Rental Net and other systems and programs
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in United State is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more about the company and its products and services.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.