Senior Design Director for Brand Experiences
This is a unique opportunity to join an established team of creatives at one of the world's leading companies, which is reshaping how technology influences and enables modern business around the world. Be part of the management team that is responsible for making the company's brand tangible, relevant, and compelling through the power of brand experiences and graphics. Report directly to the Executive Creative Director / Brand VP.
Leverage your proven talent and experience in creative, production, and management to lead a team in breaking new ground in corporate branding, and branded experiences and spaces through a diverse portfolio of projects.
Our group is responsible for the stewardship and constant evolution of one of the world's most successful and recognized technology brands. We're seeking a Senior Design Director to lead one of our core design teams. Main projects include on-site brand experiences at events and global facilities, and brand concepts and designs for a global audience across target industries.
Be a key member in an agency-style creative group working with different parts of marketing and the company at large to maximize the company's brand in environmental graphics, product launches, tradeshow design, facility branding. Also lead the in-house design production team to support the entire creative team.
Each of your projects presents an opportunity to push your creative limits, redefine corporate standards, and infuse the brand with design, experience, and install innovations. Designing for the world around you.
You can think past the screen and past the pages in front of you to walk into a space and see it as a branded experience. You live and breathe creative problem solving and branding. You lead by example, identifying trends and defining rules-and breaking them when they become irrelevant. You know how to balance innovative thinking, marketing strategies, and client expectations. You can translate complex concepts into impactful, clearly communicated visual brand experiences. Job Requirements DESIGN DIRECTION
- Collaborate with Executive Creative Director in crafting brand design systems for internal and external audiences
- Be the liaison between the Brand Creative team and other parts of the organization to develop brand experiences
- Lead the transformation of space through site surveys to determine branding opportunities and oversee the final results
- Lead your design team and oversee the Production Director on the execution of design systems
- Inform your projects with the master principles that guide and evolve the Oracle brand
- Be the voice that brings clarity and insight to all creative conversations
- Integrate with our extended global network of agencies and design innovators to deliver impeccable results
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Lead and inspire a highly qualified team of employee and contract designers to fulfill all branding and design commitments
Preferred Skills Include:
- 10 years of relevant experience leading a creative team, in a design studio, agency, or corporate in-house design department
- Experience working in environmental and large format graphics
- Experience working on event branding and install of different materials and substrates
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative original design solutions and visual story telling
- Understanding of corporate branding philosophies and marketing strategies
- Refined command of design principles
- Proven record of design solutions and systems for global brands
- Familiarity with the high technology industry
- Ability to provide consistent and effective art direction to disparate teams
- Timely and cost-effective management of resources
- Ability to fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Understanding of latest design technologies for large scale print, booth construction materials, and relevant media
- Impeccable written and verbal communications across all levels of engagement: operational creative, presentation, strategic, management, internal, client, and team
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite
- Leader by example, an inspiration through constant change
- Agile, self-starter; innovative but not an iconoclast
- Highly organized, yet flexible and resourceful
- Creative problem solver, not a corporate bureaucrat
- Cross-team, cross-function collaborator, not an artistic martyr
- Articulate art direction
- Refined design aesthetics
- Creative strategy
- Conceptual development
- Effective leadership
- Team building
- Event experience
- Willing to travel, nationally and internationally; e.g. Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Beijing, Tokyo, New York City, Las Vegas.
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle*s products and services.
Direct all marketing activities within the context of the overall corporate plan for the achievement of short and long term business objectives, increased profit and market control. Be an active member of the global Marketing team to ensure consistency of marketing campaigns and messages. Disseminate key corporate information to the line-of-business and geography operations pertaining to new product development/launches. Act as a liaison with management to ensure that marketing activities are in support of sales plans. Direct marketing resources and budget to be deployed using the most appropriate marketing mix for the line-of-business and/or geography. Ensure consistency between global directions and single-geography and/or line-of-business implementation choices. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns on a line-of-business and/or geographical basis. Maintain necessary contact with major suppliers, agencies, customers, industry associations and government representatives to achieve marketing objectives. Provide effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market needs.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business Internet practical know-how. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.