Do you love MMOs? Are you excited about Virtual Reality? Would you like every Xbox user to experience your design every time they use it? We are embarking on a bold charter and need your help us take the next step. The Xbox Mixed Reality team is looking for an experienced senior designer with deep expertise and passion around crafting immersive social systems and experiences. We’re looking to build a massively social gaming and entertainment experience for both the PC and the console. Here is an opportunity to join a fun and collaborative team that experiments with the latest toys, works with state of the art tech, and craft the future of entertainment.
- Solve complex design problems and turn them into innovative, beautifully clear designed experiences.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be with storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, interaction designers, editors, engineers and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly on what has been proposed.
- Sweat the details. Ensure what we design - we ship. Support the team in translating creative designs into product.
- Evangelize the creative process and empower everyone around you to contribute to the process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience in designing for software products or entertainment experiences.
- Proficiency in the design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and a strong understanding of designing in 3D.
- Shipped at least 3 AAA consumer entertainment products.
- Talent always speaks louder than experience. We need someone with great design sensibilities and an impressive portfolio of related work.
- You have excellent interpersonal and inspiration skills.
- You are aware of trends in design, games, 3D and new technologies.
- Ability to create paper, physical, and digital prototypes.
- 2+ years’ experience with Unity, Unreal or other 3D engines
- You like to thoroughly research your areas of focus and collect the right data to make informed decisions.
- Experience with any of the following is great: NUI, VR, AR, game design, art direction, and video storytelling.
- You have a BA or advanced design degree in communication, game or product design.
- You are very comfortable dealing with complex design problems in an ambiguous and undefined space.
- You love to prototype and prove the magic!
- Outstanding communication / presentation skills that sell the vision and design story to fellow team members, external partners and product management.
- You love getting the details right.
- You are able to easily work well within a larger design team and inspire those around you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.