Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Are you delighted when the gadgets in your world take care of the little things for you? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Windows and Devices Group Design Studios is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We’re at the forefront of defining the design agenda and design language for Microsoft--and we’re hiring! This role is in the Storefronts & Services design team.
You’ll be responsible for evolving and extending the Windows experience for millions of everyday users around the world. Your solutions are focused, refined and practical. Your attention to detail is legendary, nothing escapes you. Your aesthetic is clean, focused and of high quality. You have the ability to make sense of the complex, distilling it down to clear and concise user concepts. You are most efficient in a startup like environment, being able to design with quality in an agile world. You can easily switch from micro to macro - from understanding the strategic value of our organization’s strategy to creating design systems that are scalable, extensible through to finessing visual designs at a pixel level. The candidate must be a seasoned designer who has experience leading by example and enjoys serving as a mentor to junior designers on the team. Applicants should have a strong blend of interaction and visual design skills.
• 8+ years’ of experience in relevant design discipline for consumer product experiences
• 1+ years’ experience with leading and managing Design teams
• A meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges
• An ability to approach a project from multiple angles, and deliver a variety of solutions
• Strong grasp with user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis
• Exposure to and understanding of variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods
• Experience in delivering production assets to development counterpart on time and with quality
• Fluency in current design trends
• Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and Usability
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
• Proficiency with all related business and design tools
• Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
• BA or MA degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
• Portfolio review required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.