Do you want to help define the future of Windows as a service? The Microsoft Mobility Experience (MMX) team is seeking a designer to work creating magical cross device experiences. The MMX design team operates with an agile mindset and passion for great design. The ideal candidate is a rock star designer who loves solving complex problems and thrives in a fast-paced, rapid iteration environment. The candidate must be a seasoned designer who has experience leading by example and enjoys serving as a mentor to junior designers on the team. Applicants should have a strong blend of interaction and visual design skills.
• 4+ years of experience working on digital experiences
• 5-8+ years of experience creating world class digital experiences (web/apps)
• Enthusiasm for an iterative design process
• Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present your work to peers across disciplines
• Outstanding collaboration skills
• Ability to think creatively and critically about design problems
• Passion for typography, visual systems and simplicity
• Demonstrated ability to synthetize design solutions from ambiguous concepts
• Familiarity with data-driven applications
• Experience with rapid prototyping in HTML/CSS or other tools is a plus
• Knowledge of cutting edge applications, well versed on technology trends and the latest UX metaphors is a plus Education
• BS Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Arts, Interaction Design, HCI or equivalent
• Strong portfolio showcasing work experience on web and/or application design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.