Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Experience Design (XD) team is transforming how customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications and home management services across all channels--online, mobile and TV. We look for and create opportunities to educate, enlighten and whenever possible, delight, both new and existing customers. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships using enhanced flows, smart features and self-healing solutions to foster trust and loyalty. By assembling the country's top designers and thinkers, we're rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday life easier and more entertaining for millions of people.
What We're Looking For:
You'll play a pivotal role in creating user experiences for the largest multi-media and entertainment company in the country. You'll envision and create user stories, interfaces, design patterns and interactions across various experiences and products and platforms. You'll unify all aspects of a project, developing best practices while exploring new ideas to extend our design ecosystem. You understand customer behaviors and excel in a collaborative environment that includes other designers, engineers, researchers, strategists and architects.
What You'll Do:
- Take responsibility for the interface: find problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute on UI solutions to improve the user experience.
- Create innovative, engaging UI and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and user testing that's rigorous, and data-driven.
- Collaborate with product owners, other UX teams and engineers during all phases of the project/process.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards, of visual and UI design disciplines and principles.
- Work closely with research teams to study, understand and deliver on customer needs and expectations.
- Write complete design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
- Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase.
- Mentor and guide other designers to promote individual and team growth.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for mobile and web. Set-top box experience is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
- Experience leading development of comprehensive and versatile digital design systems.
- Significant experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
- Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
- Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
- Ability to take a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
- Strong ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel path.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer