The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities of the company. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, with management and team members.
- Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Actively participate in agile team activities
- Participate in the design of new or changing programs
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years experience in relevant technologies
- Good knowledge of and experience with visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
- Experience using automated unit testing technologies
- Experience using TFS as a version control and work tracking tool
Good working knowledge of:
- Microsoft C# 4.0+
Highly Desirable Skills:
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- .NET CORE
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.