Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
You will join a team that is responsible for infrastructure development to implement core C libraries and tools for our low-latency algorithmic trading platform. Our extensive platform provides other developers inside Morgan Stanley with all the functionality they need to build high-performance and reliable trading applications. Our libraries are used daily by hundreds of developers across Morgan Stanley.
You will be part of a focused development team and have opportunity to work closely with end users to define APIs, interfaces and extend the framework. The core libraries are developed in C , with automated tests and tools written in Python.
We are expanding our algorithmic trading team to enable Morgan Stanley to deliver new businesses and improve trading performance of existing. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley, we are investing in our software development team. The successful candidate will have opportunity to grow and shape our low-latency trading infrastructure technologies.
- You will work as a Developer primarily writing code in C .
- Opportunity to provide direction to junior staff members of the team.
- Analysis of problems, design, and implementation will be key parts of this role.
- You should ideally have deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, an appetite for solving complex software engineering problems in a global setting, experience writing production code, and R&D skills to address tough problems head-on.
- You will be expected to collaborate with a global team of like-minded peers and work in a team setting.
- Excellent C skills.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Good Python skills.
- Good technical documentation skills/willingness to maintain developer oriented documentation.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with networking protocols (UDP, Multicast, TCP),
- Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX) useful not required.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.