Description Are you interested in taking a growing SaaS business to a massive global scale? There are 125 million small businesses (and increasing) around the world who often need help in managing their financial lives. Intuit's QuickBooks Online Ecosystem makes it delightfully simple for these businesses to manage their finances seamlessly, as well as collaborate with their accountants. With 1.5 million users on our platform and 50% growth rate, we are barely getting started!
The Site Reliability & Operations team in Intuit's Small Business Group is looking for a Sr. DevOps engineer to help us in building a flexible architecture for deploying high throughput SaaS applications. Our team is responsible for reliability and uptime of Intuit's core product, QuickBooks Online. It's the foundation of Intuit's 2 billion a year and growing Small Business Ecosystem. We are currently building out software infrastructure for automating the configuration and deployment of applications on Intuit hosted data centers, as well as AWS. Responsibilities:
- You will work closely with the PD teams and be the DevOps voice to ensure scalability & performance becomes part of the app architecture
- You will bring in new ideas, whether it's a new tool or technology, that will help us massively innovate
- You will help with all facets of Site Reliability - DevOps architecture, monitoring, tools & processes, production incidents and RCAs
- Occasional showcasing of the cool stuff that we do - in community forums within the Business Unit (BU) and Intuit-wide
- Work hard and play harder!
- DevOps experience or System Administration (be conversant in Unix networking, Java applications)
- Experience with configuration management using Chef
- Experience with a UNIX shell scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python
- Comfortable writing Java code. UI technologies such as Bootstrap and others are a plus
- Experience with cloud computing platforms: AWS and VMware ESX
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts
- Experience with building and managing large-scale high throughput production applications, including OnCall rotation responsibilities
- System administration exposure
- A desire to learn new skills
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Open source contribution experience is a plus
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Software Engineer 2 - Front End Staff Software Engineer Emerging Services (ElasticSearch/CloudSearch, Machine Learning, AWS) Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.