What you’ll be doing...
Want to fuel the fire of the MapQuest engines? We are looking for people to help us. We need people who love technology, especially the under the cover stuff. We are looking for developers who are passionate about DevOps. If you have experience in best practice technical operations and love to collaborate with development teams, from design through the development process to production support we want to talk with you.
- Collaborate with engineering and product squads. Engage early and often with the product and engineering squads.
- Write build scripts to automate tasks that can be automated. Build simple processes and tools that are easy to implement, manage and maintain. Make it easy to run continuous development and deployment processes using automation.
- Link process together across domains: software deployment, monitoring, capacity planning and other operational processes have their start in the development world.
- Implement techniques for keeping systems available and providing visibility when they're not. Help design simple, repeatable, reliable systems.
- Monitor, measure and optimize build and deployment systems and processes.
- Build or implement using tools and frameworks.
- Daily maintenance of source repositories and builds.
- Continuous innovation and learning. Build continuous improvement and integration into your tools and processes.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have
- 6+ years in a DevOps environment.
- A strong technical background and clearly demonstrated experience with current technologies.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and AWS Administration.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS).
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL, NoSQL experience is a plus.
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- High level of analytical, planning and organizational ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, performs work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
- Enjoys and is willing to contribute to a collaborate environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.