Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
We are looking for a senior engineer that will work with our development and tools team to help ensure that as we uptake new services and technologies into our production environments, that we do not impact our customers in a negative way and can properly support them from all three of our Operations Centers.
Specifically you will:
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- Design the deployment strategy to our production environments
- Train and mentor other team members, ensuring that we can provide 24/7 support for anything we introduce into our environments
- Enjoy mentoring and teaching other team members
- Work well with others, collaboration is your strong suit.
- Enjoy the challenges that come with looking at something new
You should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years of experience of DevOps and/or supporting production environment
- Experience with Java or Scala
- Strong development experience in automation/scripting (Python, Ruby, or similar languages
- Extensive experience with Linux Systems
- Strong understanding with virtualization and network administration
- Continuous integration tools (Salt, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef preferred)
- Source control tools
Candidates must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate! About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.