Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
As a DevOps Engineer, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture and infrastructure to smoothly run our systems and automate all aspects of our environment. We treat our infrastructure as a code like the rest of our applications. While personality and ability to learn are keys to success on our team, you should already have the technical skills described below to hit the ground running. HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO OUR VISION:
- Building out and automating a complex cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Using new technologies that improve our team's tools and performance across our whole software stack and infrastructure
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- You have written vast amounts of code around infrastructure automation and have solved multiple problems by automating your way out of them. You have removed yourself from repeating mundane tasks.
- You have been responsible for running operations for a service that's used by a large user base.
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization.
- Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out.
- You have good knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Ruby).
- You believe CI servers, push button deploys, time series data stores, metrics dashboards, and centralized logging are not just "nice to haves" they are critical pieces of infrastructure that rapidly pay for themselves. You are familiar with the tool-space, and can suggest products in each of these areas.
- You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have the vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment.
- CentOS Linux
- And sometimes, Ansible and Chef
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.