What you'll do?
As a member of the Spark Cloud Engineering organization, you will work on the automation for the installation, configuration, scaling, and high availability of our Postgres (PostgreSQL) services used by dependent microservices, working closely with the associated application engineering team on production readiness.
Responsibilities include the following:
Who you'll work with?
- Design, code, test and deploy Postgres services used to support the development and operations of microservices by product development teams using Python.
- Performance and scale engineering of Postgres including high availability and multi-site replication.
- Implement automation to perform the day to day operations functions of the cloud collaboration platform using open source config tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the cloud collaboration platform; implement long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
- Participate in on-call rotations with platform team for platform related services.
The Cloud Collaboration Platform & Automation team is a dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Help change the way that people collaborate. Who are you?
You are a Senior Engineer passionate about creating deployment automation that enable for the automated configuration, management and scalability of Cloud microservices and infrastructure processes.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows;
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 3 years of experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, DevOps, or cloud automation development
- Strong experience with Postgres clustering across data centers
- Experience with open source technologies such as Docker, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Riak, Redis, and RabbitMQ
- Experience in one or more languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development,
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
- Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine desirable
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.