WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
The Hartford's Chief Technology Officer is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer. The Hartford's continued focus on providing a world class experience for all customers through high quality timely delivery of Applications, requires a strong technical result oriented candidate focused on continuous improvements in the Application Development capabilities.
The DevOps Engineer role is a technical leadership position that requires strong Application Development knowledge. This is an Enterprise area which provides tools, techniques and Standard for the Application Development Community. It provides thought leadership of continuous improvement of Source Code Management, Build & Deploy processes and Code Quality management. Candidates should have at least five years of Engineering, Development or technical leadership experience and a thorough knowledge of all aspects of GIT, Jenkins & NEXUS.
Successful candidates will:
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Act as a key contributor in the continued development of tools, Frameworks & technique to improve Developer productivity and Quality.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with Application Development and DevOps Leadership.
- Demonstrate strong leadership.
- Proven depth and breadth of knowledge of the design, use and Application Development Tools & Techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design of complex cross functional software systems using disciplined software design processes
- Employ an engineering mindset to develop a controlled repeatable process.
- Identify opportunities to reduce time to delivery, rework and total cost of ownership while improving the functional and non-functional quality of deployed assets.
- Ability to recommend set and enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- Lead change by influencing and educating business, IT, and sourcing partners.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of programming/systems analysis and industry specific business expertise.
- Working knowledge of the use & administration of GIT, Jenkins and SonarQube, Maven, ANT,NEXUS
- Working knowledge of Testing Frameworks, Maven, & ANT
- SonaType & NEXUS experience a plus
- Knowledge of Testing Frameworks, Grunt, Ansible, Code Quality Tools
- Vendor Management experience
- Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications
- Results driven; with commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of independence, but is also a team player, a coach, a mentor and demonstrates a high level of ownership.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Exceptional Documentation skills
- Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal
- Detail oriented.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD