JBio, Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Antibody Engineering and Multi-Specific Biologics located in Spring House, PA. JBIO works on projects from five therapeutic areas and enables discovery of new therapeutics concepts in collaboration with Therapeutic area discovery counterparts. This position will be accountable and responsible for directing and exercising full supervision of activities outlined below to meet organizational and scientific objectives through subordinates (1) Antibody sequence optimization of transgenic animal derived/phage display derived human antibodies using efficient empirically and rationally designed libraries optimized for excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties with low immunogenicity potential. (2) Humanization, sequence optimization of very high affinity antibodies for reduction in immunogenicity potential along with excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties. (3) Generating Multi-specific biologics to support concepts that require multi-specific biologics that are structurally simple, have excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties (4) Smart use of structural biology when helpful for determining antibody epitopes or for antibody or multi-specific biologics design (5) Optimizing antibody sequences or other suitable moieties like Centyrins for conjugation of radioactive alpha emitters like Actinium (6) Affinity optimization of antibodies and (7) Discovery and affinity maturation of Centyrins or other alternative scaffolds.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
• Establish leading experimental science of lead optimization process that when needed uses structural biology to strengthen the process
• Establish leading multi-specific platform for Janssen to meet scientific needs of various concepts
• Identify key issues and allocate resources to support goals and support progression of projects.
• Possess in-depth, current knowledge for optimization of large molecules
• Assist in directing efforts in management for Biologies Research.
• Author patents, publications or trade secrets.
• Preparation of regulatory documents when needed.
• Work adeptly in a matrix environment and act as internal consultant in areas of expertise.
• Communicate effectively and influence decisions and judgments outside of immediate area of responsibility.
• Ph.D. with a minimum of 10 years of experience in drug development with industry or related (e.g. pharma, biotech, CRO, academic clinical research) leadership experience.
• Demonstrated expertise and in-depth understanding in the area of humanization and sequence optimization of very high affinity antibodies (single digit picomolar is required).
• Demonstrated expertise and in-depth understanding in generation multi-specifics biologics is required.
• Strong publications and/or proven record of optimizing high quality late clinical stage (phase 2-3 or approved) large molecules and multi-specific formats is required.
• The successful candidate must possess a proven track record of exceptional team management including the consistent demonstration of behaviors as defined in Leadership Imperatives (Live our Credo, Connect, Shape, Lead, Deliver) is required.
• Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research, non-clinical and clinical, essential. Team leadership is required, and experience in a heavily matrixed environment is essential is required.
• Ability to travel up to 10-15% yearly is required (International as well as Domestic). Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.