The Senior Director of WW Business Applications Sales Operations will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders across WCB, Biz Apps Marketing and Engineering, GSMO and Finance to drive Microsoft’s WW Business Applications sales excellence transformation. Reporting to the Vice President of WW Business Applications and in partnership with peers responsible for WW Business Applications Sales Strategy and Sales Enablement, this leader will manage the team accountable for driving an integrated strategy and operational plan across the following core areas of responsibility:
• Recruit, develop, motivate and lead a diverse, high performing sales operations team, capable of driving the vision and execution of the WW Business Applications sales excellence strategy across our sellers, managers, and leadership
• Drive business planning rhythms and measure execution against our Commercial Growth Organization priorities, including revenue performance, TAM share growth, financial management, compliance governance and people initiatives
• Lead WW Business Applications field blueprint and operating model strategy, including WCB and GSMO alignment and integration initiatives, organizational change management, competitive benchmarking, field effectiveness/efficiency analysis, seller process and tool simplification, and field role design and compensation planning.
• Deliver a standardized and consistent business performance management framework for the WW Business Applications organization, ensuring that a comprehensive review of operational results is executed in predictable rhythms (daily, weekly, monthly quarterly, etc.) and aligned to the operating needs across WCB, Marketing and Engineering, GSMO and other key stakeholders within Time Zone and Area teams to drive sustainable results that meet or exceed WW CGO Business Applications strategic objectives
• Examine and analyze market dynamics in partnership with Business Applications Strategy and Engineering leaders to support strategic product planning, marketing, sales, services, partner, and customer success execution
• Establish world class sales planning, orchestration and execution discipline in partnership with WCB and GSMO stakeholders and aligned to the Microsoft Selling Process methodology to deliver digital transformation, predictable and sustained revenue performance, operational efficiencies, and a customer-obsessed, growth-minded culture.
• Provide support and insights for the DWR process in conjunction with the Business Application Time Zone teams
• Partner with Microsoft Venture Integration, managing the strategic M&A activities for sales operations and field integration across WCB and GSMO
• Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills both within Microsoft and outside of the company with our customers, partners and industry stakholders
• Must be capable to engage customers on the Business Applications business strategy during executive briefings (EBCs), customer & partner visits and be prepared to represent the business in public speaking scenarios such as conferences and field events
• Understanding of Business Application Market, Microsoft technology offerings, and competitive positioning
• Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management, with the capability to guide, educate, and influence the thinking of senior decision makers
• Exceptional cross-organizational capabilities, including ability to drive complex projects with quality, speed and agility
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build trust, influence, and relationships with diverse team members, proven track record of ability to impact and influence without direct authority
• Must be an exceptionally communicator with strong collaboration skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to balance varying responsibilities that span rhythm of business, communications, executive management, and culture
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an ambiguous and changing environment
• Knowledge of overall BG and SMSG Planning Process, Sales Excellence and Sales Operations background
• Deep knowledge of the Microsoft enterprise and partner selling ecosystem and processes
• 10+ years of experience in sales and operational leadership roles
• Four-year university degree; MBA preferred
• Ideally based in Redmond, WA, at Microsoft headquarters, with approximately 10%-20% travel expected globally
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.