Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Data Product Development (DPD) group is a key component of
Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and
processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information
products and services to customers. Areas of focus include the Visa Data
Platform, Business Intelligence, Loyalty, Commercial Card, Risk and
Authentication, and other core revenue generating areas within Visa. The team
is dedicated to building on past successes and is committed to leveraging
Visa's data in the most efficient and secure way which maximizes the profit
potential of this vital corporate asset. The group maintains 10+ petabytes of
data in over 90 data systems for various internal lines of business and
external clients. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank
customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application
development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as
innovative leaders within our industry.
Reporting to DPD's Head of Project and Business Management, the
Senior Director of Business Management is responsible for the overall business
operations of the division. A successful candidate will have demonstrated
ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent. Key
Financial Management and Analysis
- Accountable for managing the division's financial plan to
achieve corporate financial goals.
- Manage team that maintains financial controls, tracking,
reporting and trending analysis for SVP and Leadership Team.
- Provide Management with financial recommendations based on
project and cost center forecasts.
- Participate in development of divisional budget.
- Present complex process and financial information to C-Level
Workforce Management and Planning
- Create and manage the division's Workforce Plan to ensure hiring
conforms to strategic metrics.
- Review Employee Survey Results. Work with key managers to
address findings. Manage associated projects as required.
Relationship and Vendor Management
- Manage DPD's business relationships with Finance, Human
Resources, Global Risk, Internal Audit and Global Sourcing ensure division is
compliant with all corporate activities.
- Manage strategic vendor partner contracts and supporting
operational procedures and performance tracking.
- Work with Corporate Risk, Internal Audit, Project Management
Leads and Development Leads to respond to internal and external auditor
requests. Ensure that all activities are in compliance with Visa's
Key Controls and Financial Best Practices.
- Work with Information Security / Global Business Continuity to
manage annual Business Continuity Plan.
- Experience managing complex large scale technology initiatives
with intense executive visibility and scrutiny.
- A strong base among areas such as project/program management,
financial and budget management in technology, technology consulting, and
technology governance processes.
- Must possess strong customer relationship management skills,
including working in a global environment and interacting with senior
- Must possess strong organizational and process management skills,
ability to manage with influence in a highly matrixed environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In
particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and
business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and
externally as needed.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as
the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to partner
with a dynamic leadership team.
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Business, Computer
Science or a related technical discipline. MBA is a plus.
- PMP and CSM certifications are recommended.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft
Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint), Oracle Financial Suite,
Hyperion, and Essbase
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Visa's financial practices and technology processes
is a plus but not required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.