Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA, World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Senior Director, Credit Platform Strategy will be responsible for defining and owning the end-to-end strategy for our U.S. Consumer Credit Platforms (Visa Traditional, Traditional Rewards, Signature and Infinite). The role will also be responsible for execution of this strategy, spanning between episodic initiatives to implement the strategy and ongoing operational activities. Our Credit platforms drive over a trillion dollars annually in payment volume, and generate significant net revenue for Visa. Our issuing partners utilize these platforms to serve the needs of over 100M customers, helping consumers meet financial goals and delivering exceptional products in marketplace segments including student, secured, new-to-credit, non-rewards and rewards products.
This is a senior level position reporting directly to the Head of U.S. Consumer Credit. The person selected for this role will be a leader within the U.S. Credit group.
- Drive strategy definition and execution of US Consumer Credit platforms.
- Be a true strategist, develop hypotheses, conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analyses, execute consumer research, develop and own strategic recommendations for the direction of Credit.
- Be able to articulate what happened and will happen to product metrics, why, which clients, which consumers, which spend categories, etc.
- Own and develop product artifacts, collateral and communications that deliver against the product strategy and express the advantages of our platforms in the best and most professional way. Be responsible for representing Credit to internal and external (analysts, press, etc.) audiences
- Work to ideate, design, guide development, implement and manage new features and capabilities for Credit platforms. Solve for what clients and consumers need and want and figure out how to deliver this. Act as the Subject Matter Expert/ Product lead in rollout of new benefits and features with issuing clients and across the Visa organization in North America.
- Interact extremely closely with other teams within Credit (e.g. benefits, product delivery) to determine the right architecture and configuration of benefits on our Credit platforms. Engage in active discussion and debate about the right investment levels to drive revenues, how capabilities integrate and should be messaged, how service level targets and aspirations are being met and improved.
- Be engaged in deep partnership about what investments are made for the Credit platform, both on a one-time and ongoing basis. Build and justify the business case for investments to ensure the health of the product, as well as to drive growth.
- Work with the Product Delivery team to communicate and deliver the best of our products to issuing clients. Educate our Product Delivery, Sales, Operations and other teams across Visa on our platforms and ensure they can communicate and promote our products effectively. Interact with financial institution clients as necessary as a subject matter expert.
- Interact with senior Visa executives and issuing clients. Direct and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver platform capabilities including Marketing, Sponsorships, Sourcing, Product Development and Technology, Global Information Security and Finance.
- 15+ years' experience in strategy, product management and development
- Experience within strategy (top tier consultancy, in-house consulting groups) and banking or other financial services. Ownership or deep familiarity with credit issuing P&L a plus.
Excellent analytical and research skills
- Highly numbers-oriented with attention to detail and ability to structure analysis projects
Ability to frame and research issues with limited terms of reference, design new approaches and documents and comfortable with operating in an environment of uncertainty
- Ability to work unsupervised on complicated strategic issues and to make plausible recommendations to senior management
- Proactive and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all levels and with ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, strategy development and ability to drive results
- Passionate about what you do, funny (or, at least can take a joke), and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Superior strategic thinking ability to assess complex business environments and translate into actionable business plans and executions
- Strong collaboration and ability to manage cross functionally
- Ability to influence without authority at senior levels
- Understanding of P&L drivers and overall business acumen
- Ability to translate analytics into actionable recommendations
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.