Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Position Summary
As a global payment system, Visa maintains a global anti-money laundering / anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) and sanctions program established under formalized policies and procedures. In this role, the Senior Director, Deputy AML Officer will assist Visa's AML/BSA Officer in directing and managing the AML Program to ensure Company's compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. The Senior Director will directly manage two key areas of the Program, Global Client Due Diligence and new business/product initiatives. The Senior Director will provide expert advisory services to business and will provide strategic direction and recommendations for AML/ATF and Sanctions Compliance program enhancements. The role will work closely, through dotted reporting lines, with AML/ATF and Sanctions Compliance colleagues around the globe, including colleagues in Dubai, Foster City, Miami and Singapore. Some travel and extended business hours (conference calls) are required.
The Senior Director will:
- Assist in defining and managing the Program including risk assessment methodology, governance/processes and analysis, and action plan.
- Contribute to ongoing development and implementation of the AML & Sanctions program.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation and administration of independent, regulatory examinations and internal audits/reviews.
- Promote compliance with BSA Programs, including ownership of obligations, establish and maintain a compliance framework and serve as a subject matter expert.
- Assist the AML Officer in preparing information required for periodic reporting to the CRC, ARC and Executive Management.
- Pro-actively identify regulatory compliance issues / concerns and make suggestions and / or take corrective action to implement solutions to improve controls / operations.
- Review policies and procedures for adherence to compliance rules and regulations and keep those policies and procedures current
- Develop and maintain enterprise wide training program and conduct AML/BSA trainings for the AML staff, Regional Compliance teams, internal stakeholders, and business.
- Provide leadership and direction in the execution of Visa's client due diligence by the CDD Centre and by AML/ATF and Sanctions Compliance colleagues in all regions.
- Ensure consistency in client due diligence activities conducted across all regions, including with respect to additional due diligence and enhanced due diligence matters Assist with carrying out the responsibilities associated with the CDD program and requisite controls to identify exceptions.
- Ensure thorough, accurate and timely application of Visa's Global AML/ATF Policy and the Client Due Diligence and Acceptance Procedures. Implement quality control practices and procedures, automation, and process improvements.
- Support and review current and new business initiatives, Policies and procedures, Control structures, and Regulatory issues.
- Perform special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing methodologies and regulatory updates.
• At least 15 years of experience in risk or compliance roles with at least 10 years' experience implementing AML/ATF and sanctions programs that are in compliance with US laws and regulations, specifically Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC programs.
• Subject matter expertise in the areas of customer due diligence and activity monitoring and reporting
• Strong knowledge of BSA/AML laws, regulations, and FFIEC guidelines
• Strong understanding of Visa, its clients and its products.
• Hard worker who is self-motivated and adept at working on multiple and varied tasks.
• Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company.
• Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills to champion internal/external communication.
• Bachelor's or higher level degree in law or another relevant discipline.
• Professional AML/ATF accreditation.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.