Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Digital Production Owner, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services and ESP Transformation organization. The position can be based in New York, NY, New Brunswick, NJ or Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a global healthcare leader, J&J has a legacy of adapting and flourishing during times of change. We recognize that as well as taking an active role in shaping the healthcare landscape we are part of, we have a responsibility to be operationally agile, continually looking for opportunities to leverage our scale for good, and to simplify and standardize processes. Our resources should be directed toward what really matters - creating value for the patients, consumers and customers we serve, and as such we have been transforming inside to improve operational effectiveness and enhance the J&J employee experience.
Working closely with the J&J Employee Experience Steering Committee, the Digital Product Owner (DPO) will oversee the product strategy, design and development of J&J’s digital front door solution which seeks to provide a consistent and delightful experience for ALL J&J employees that fosters collaboration, and provides access to services, tools, news and information that is curated specifically based on user profile (location, sector, function, region, tenure, etc.). The DFD will also be a means for infusing J&J’s vision and aspiration into our new way of working, such that the company demonstrates our commitment to people first, and for being a catalytic conveyer of change. The digital front door will be the personalized entry point to the J&J digital ecosystem, enabling employees to engage in a world class experience, so that all of us, on our own and in collaboration, can realize our full potential for the business. We have the opportunity to increase productivity through capabilities delivered through this digital, mobile enabled solution – and do so in a way that we increase loyalty, alleviate communication bottlenecks, and provide transparency to career pathways.
The DPO has the responsibility for understanding the Employee research completed early in the Enterprise transformation journey and translating those objectives together with business requirements from key internal stakeholders into an effective product solution and vision, delivering on the desired value, employee experience and success measures defined by the business. The DPO will also be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary matrixed project team using the agile/scrum methodology to drive incremental and iterative work cadences using empirical feedback to validate value creation and achieve maximum impact to the employee experience.
The DPO works closely with stakeholders from Global Services, Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Information Technology to assure that the solution fulfills the vision defined by J&J’s north star vision. The Digital Product Owner strives to lead and achieve balance between business, technical and user requirements while tracking to budget and delivering shippable code of high quality and enhancing the user experience at regularly scheduled intervals.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Meeting with the J&J Employee Experience Sponsors, Stakeholders and Corporate Portal Representatives to a.) identify existing the employee engagement problems or challenges to solve and to b.) define the key project goals to attain and quantify value to be derived. Understand the business requirements at a depth necessary to drive the project and product strategy forward toward success.
• Translate business goals into an effective product strategy, vision and hypothesis. Regularly review and update the vision based on shifts from learnings coming from both users and the business. Share the vision with the Business Owner and obtain input to make certain the direction is delivering on business requirements.
• Develop and maintain a product roadmap to chart the development and plan the roll-out of features and capabilities prioritized by user need. Lead and guide ongoing research efforts to inform the product strategy and priorities. Be familiar with second and third party research relevant to employee engagement innovation. Conduct and/or initiate primary research whenever possible to understand employee needs and product acceptance at a granular level. Ensure that all research is shared with the scrum team on a regular basis.
• Ensure that dependencies on groups outside of the scrum team are well understood and acted upon to obtain the support needed to deliver product capabilities. Convey these dependencies to the Product Manager, Steering Committee and Employee Experience Business Owner so they can work to remove blocks, escalate needs and find solutions.
• Engage the team’s System Architect on identifying the needed or desired systems integration opportunities and efforts to support the product. Assist in engaging development teams on collaborating to make the integrations possible.
• Provide clear direction to the scrum team, matrixed teams, and external partners on short and longer term product vision, sprint mission, priorities, user needs and business needs so that all involved parties have a common understanding, purpose and intent.
• Own, manage and prioritize the Product Backlog based on bi-monthly backlog grooming sessions with the Business Owner. Determine MVP (Minimum Viable Product) at a feature and sprint level to write clear and detailed user stories to be reviewed, vetted, estimated and tasked out by the scrum team (design, tech, change management, metrics and content).
• Work with the Project Manager and Scrum Masters to orchestrate planning meetings with the scrum team to present and explain stories to the team and to listen in on team estimating and story selection for the upcoming sprint. Update the Business Owner with the decisions of the scrum team regarding sprint commitment.
• Work with the Project Manager and Scrum Masters to follow a lean product management process (e.g. MVP, iterative - be familiar with lean project management practices (e.g. Kanban, SCRUM) and agile development (e.g. Pair programming, Test Driven Development & Continuous Deployment).
• Attend the Daily Standups (Scrums) to understand status, blockers, and cross-functional collaboration needed. Listen for signals of confusion, ambiguity or lack of self-management and guide the team to get to a common understanding and a plan forward.
• After each sprint, lead the team in crafting a rough Feature Presentation for them to present the work delivered in the sprint to all interested parties. Work with the Project Manager to communicate to all required and optional participants, including the Business Owner and optional Stakeholders, to inform them on schedule. Be on point at the presentation to answer product questions.
• Be the primary lead and reviewer of all UX and design work to steer the work in the right direction. Guide the work to adhere to both UX and digital visual design best practices. Advocate for and plan for development of and use of UX/UI standards, brand standards, patterns, libraries and copy/style guides.
• Ensure that all UX/UI designs are reviewed, vetted and fully understood by the development team. Work to clarify all outstanding questions and concerns. See that the Design Office and development are pulled together early and often to collaborate on the product design and functionality.
• Regularly work with the leads of Design, UX, Change Management, Content and Technology to understand the status of those work streams, address challenges within those groups and to guide activities to support development and roll-outs.
• If/when team structure challenges are identified, work with Project Manager, Scrum Masters and Work Stream Leads to design and optimize existing structure or even create new paradigms and processes.
• Work with Analytics Lead to understand and decipher traffic and usage data to stay informed on user behavior and course correct where needed. Regularly update the Business Owner, Stakeholders, and the scrum team on usage stats, both positive and negative.
• Collaborate with Project Office and Operations, Communications, Design, UX and Development Teams to communicate roll-out and launch features and functionality as they are completed. Assist in developing plans and programs to help with training, adoption and education.
• Leverage ESP governance framework, structure and cadence. Plan, manage and lead the governance meetings inclusive of ESP Program, ESPLT and Opco’s.
• Develop broader Change Management/Communications Strategy & Plan in collaboration with HR function and J&J communications team.
• Continue to identify additional savings opportunities through forensic efforts targeted at driving more consistency, leverage and opportunities to redirect current spend across Corporate and functions.
• Determine goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of the product and its individual features against stated objectives. Ensure that the required tracking, data collection and analytic mechanisms to obtain these metrics are designed and executed as part of ongoing product development. Vet the desired metrics with the Business Owner and modify as needed.
• Work with the scrum team to identify refinements to the product coming from continual testing, feedback and learnings. Prioritize the desired modifications and add them as stories to the backlog.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of working experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Digital or Digital Agency is preferred.
• Experience in defining and delivering successful products in the digital space is required.
• Good understanding of UX best practices and ability to guide visual design direction is required.
• Deep Agile/Lean Development knowledge, training or experience is required.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics is required.
• Experience in the area of measuring impacts of digital assets is preferred.
• Passion to develop and deploy digital capabilities that delight J&J’s employees is required.
• Expertise or knowledge in employee engagement experience design is preferred.
• Preferable background in UX, marketing, or product development is preferred.
• Big picture mindset with the ability to zoom in and out of details; can balance both technical and strategic demands is required.
• This position may require up to 15% of both domestic and international travel.
• This position can be located in New York, NY, New Brunswick, NJ or Raritan, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New York-New YorkOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function