Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Digital and Mobile Product Development organization (DMPD) has the mission of "Leading Visa into Digital Commerce for Everyone, Everywhere." DMPD team is responsible for architecture, design and development of Visa's digital and mobile products, including Visa Checkout, Visa Token Services, Push Payments and Visa Digital Commerce App.
The Sr. Director will own the end-to-end delivery of the Visa Digital Commerce App. Primary responsibilities of role include building and managing engineering teams that are geologically distributed and managing the deliverables of software product development. You will drive for team engagement and productivities and champion quality and security in your area. You will build relationship with other organizations including Product and Operations to ensuring delivery and quality goals are met. Candidates for this role will be well-rounded technology leaders who have good understanding on the current trends and practices in broad technology and software engineering space.
The role is a self-organized technology leader with in-depth understanding of organizational management principles, software development life cycles, and software engineering practices. Your strong management skills, relationship building ability, leadership in software engineering practices, and strong desire to collaborate with others are all required to make this role successful.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Head of Issuer Solution and Push Payments division of DMPD.
- Inspire, lead and manage a team of world class software engineers who are creating innovative solution that will transform how consumers pay
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Operations and Product Management to develop tools and processes to accelerate high quality software development
- Evangelize developer productivity practices, solutions and systems across teams and drive for adoption
- Drive organizational changes targeting in improving quality, efficiency and productivity
- Drive resolutions for production issues collaborating with operations support and application support teams
- Mentor leadership team and engineers and provide career guidance to ensure success of individuals in the organization
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with minimum of twelve years of experience in systems and solution design, architecture, and development. MS degree desired
- Have a track record of delivering results while dealing with ambiguity and organizational complexity. Demonstrate experience in managing both product development and quality engineering teams
- Demonstrate the ability in inspiring, motivating, growing the team to achieve high team engagement, efficiency, and quality
- Experience working on product development collaborating with multiple teams that have different development models, release cycles, and developer needs
- In-depth understanding of agile principles. Demonstrate expertise in running Agile teams in an enterprise setting
- Technology savvy. Have broad understanding on current technology trends and must able to guide and advise development team on directions in technology, architecture and software engineering practices
- Strong communication skills. Be able to influence executive teams and other organizations on decisions. Proven collaboration skills with other groups
- Be data driven, understand the need for and apply analytics
- Self-motivated with strong drive for excellence
- Must have exposure to some or all of the following technologies: Mobile (iOS and Android), Java, RDMS and noSQL, Security, NFC, API Gateway, Messaging, Authentication, and oAuth
- Experience in leading development teams for high volume consumer facing systems and/or Payments, ecommerce systems is a strong plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.