Senior Director Finance (Job Number: 024714)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Sr. Director, Business Unit Finance will directly support the senior executive of a business unit or support organization of the most complex business model and/or largest dollar volume, and will be responsible for a number of areas such as development of financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in support of business goals, and providing subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions. Job Responsibilities
- Develops financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in support of business unit goals.
- Directly owns and leads a designated area of a business unit or organization with the most complex business model and/or largest dollar volumes, serving as the CFO of that entire organization.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions. Serves as business leader both internally and externally of emerging best practices and cascades recommended best practices throughout the organization.
- Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes.
- Approves capital expenditures proposed by the business unit or support organization.
- Develops and propose recognition and compensation methods for personnel within the business unit or support organization.
- Approves personnel additions with the business unit or support organizations.
- Oversees financial aspects of supplier negotiations, funding issues and related efforts.
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions.
- Leads Finance Manager and/or Finance Directors or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
- Participates in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- At least 3 years of experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- At least 4 years of experience mentoring Finance staff (including professional development, financial acumen and financial practices).
- At least 5 years of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development processes.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and presenting recommendations to executive management.
- Experience utilizing advanced verbal and written communication skills - articulating and communicating information and ideas to varying audiences (prospective acquisitions, company management) and in multiple written styles (persuasive, informative, narrative) in order to negotiate/gain access to information and records.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA
- Experience participating in the design and implementation of compensation recognition programs linked to management objectives.
- Experience designing management approval process/ approval rights to improve decision governance.
- Experience developing tracking tool for executive Balanced Scorecard programs.
- Experience with long-range and strategic planning.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (using multiple sheets and workbooks, logical Operators ("AND" and "OR"), creating charts, and pivot tables).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.