Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director, Global Alliance Management in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Director of Global Alliance Management working on the Global Alliance Management team, you will be empowered to maximiz e the success, value and efficiency of our partnered programs by providing leadership and establishing alliance management best practices for each of our major alliances across Takeda globally . A typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- The Senior Director of Global Alliance Management will support the strategies and business plans of Takeda and further establish Takeda as a partner of choice.
- This position will participate in developing and evolving Takeda’s overarching strategy for managing alliances globally.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Participate in strategy development and implementation of alliance management best-practices globally. This includes serving as a center of excellence beyond our current alliance portfolio to support alliances across various Takeda functions globally.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to create an alliance management capability that enables Takeda to achieve its growth plan and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Lead the development of tools and training to educate all Takeda alliance team members to effectively manage alliance activities and constructively avoid or resolve conflicts with alliance partners.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve alliance objectives.
- Lead a portfolio of Takeda’s global alliance partnerships within designated therapeutic areas. These product alliances may involve commercial products or products in R&D and can span all functional areas.
- Design the governance of new alliances including dispute resolution.
- Lead the launches of new partnerships and the ongoing governance of existing alliances. Committee members will include executives from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between companies when necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its alliance partners to ensure responsibilities are met.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred.
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Minimum 8 years of R&D, sales, marketing or other relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Minimum of four years in management-level positions with increasing responsibilities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior management members, to accomplish shared goals.
- Deep understanding and experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical research
- Clinical drug development and approval
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Licensing and business development
- Project management
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- This position requires 20-35% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings / clients.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.