Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director, Global Brand Lead in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Brand Lead working on the Global Commercial Vaccine team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include: OBJECTIVES:
- Create and manage global asset strategies & initiatives for both inline & pipeline assets in the Franchise, inclusive of lifecycle management;
- Ensure thorough understanding and anticipation of the market environment throughout the organization;
- Ensure the Franchise has access to the resources needed within Takeda and its partners to maximize its launch and commercial growth;
- Contribute to the strategic framework for optimization of resource allocation across the portfolio and the identification of next generation products and technologies to enrich the Franchise portfolio.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Provide a vision for the Franchise future position in the market to inspire and align Takeda’s capabilities, ensuring customer needs are met while creating sustainable value for public health and shareholders:
- Be aware of the current and anticipate new market driving trends;
- Guide the operating plans (MRP horizon) and Regions/countries’ plans for consistency with global strategy, with a focus on strategic countries and global products;
- Ensure that corporate development strategy and initiatives are coordinated with global Franchise product & portfolio strategies;
- Ensure clear cross-functional goals are established in relation to the Franchise vision design and implementation.
- Deliver development and implementation of optimal global product/brand strategies including:
- Articulation by cross functional teams of strategic choices for the Franchise based on evidence, customer insights and thorough understanding of Takeda’s capabilities;
- Launch strategies (segmentation, behavioral objectives by targets, positioning, key messages, branding…);
- Product strategy adaptation to life cycle stage after launch;
- Ensure key strategic issues are identified and addressed to maximize value of the assets;
- Ensure competitive intelligence information is available and is used in scenario planning and decision making in relation to Franchise strategies;
- Design and coordination of War Gaming for insightful analysis of competitive moves and implications on our Franchise strategies;
- Value positioning and Pricing policy, in cooperation with Market Access and regional commercial and medical affairs;
- Coordination with Medical Affairs and Communications of global integrated communication and advocacy strategic plan;
- Global marketing tactics on global products, including promotional material, educational and communication material, corresponding digital assets, coordination of large events;
- Identification in collaboration with Medical Affairs, Market Access and Public Affairs, of strategic objectives for third party partnerships, phase IV to contribute to shape the market and enhance product profiles;
- Coordination of cross functional prelaunch, launch and post launch plans : Integrated Strategic Brand Plan, Launch Plan, and Post Launch evaluation;
- Alignment with regions and countries on execution of franchise strategies.
- Engage in commercial and communication relationship with external partners and public advocacy groups regarding global disease and product advocacy as required;
- Contribute within the global commercial function to support local Takeda Vaccines organizations and operational directions in developing and implementing plans to implement the franchise strategy, including:
- Clear communication throughout the organization of the critical success factors for a brand launch, ensuring plans are in place to meet them;
- Provision of Annual Brand Books for launched product(s);
- Monitoring of global strategy implementation locally, and adjusting accordingly;
- Diffusion of good marketing practice throughout the organization and good practice sharing relevant to the franchise.
- Fully engage with key functions, including manufacturing and commercial colleagues to ensure that the strategy is sound, clear, and executable. Coordinate with R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial Operations initiatives to minimize time to market and to peak sales and to optimize product performance and profitability for the franchise;
- Drive the initiative towards determining product profitability with global controlling: strategic product & franchise P&L;
- Represent commercial team in GPT; leads the cross-functional GBT (Global Brand Team); Serves in other key committees (e.g. MOC) representing commercial priorities;
- Serves as the single-point of contact for the asset as needed for questions / inquiries / updates from the VBU leadership team and vaccines colleagues world-wide
- University degree required in science or similar discipline; advanced degree such as MBA preferred
- Minimum 15-20 years' professional experience in vaccines or pharma industry, preferably in multiple geographies, in commercial operations and global marketing, with a minimum of 7 years in product management in vaccines at global or regional level
- 5+ years market-facing commercial experience (in-line product marketing and/or sales experience)
- Extensive exposure to multi-country product launch and pre-launch activities and issues
- Demonstration of capacity for strategic thinking plus strong analysis skills ans a creative/innovative approach to problem solving. Proven ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally.
- Experience in influencing vaccines/pharmaceutical product development, health economics and multi-country pricing.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and external customer relationships; proven leadership skills and experience in managing teams
- Strategic awareness, visioning (capability to take a broad and long range perspective and to build a compelling vision), analysis and scenario planning, forecasting
- Operational P&L management experience in a local market
- Finance and economics: ability to deliver on company objectives and company/group financial ratios, implementation of value-based pricing, and decision making based upon Return on Investment and Market Access drivers
- Excellent presentation, analytical and communication skills, both written and oral, are required, to synthesize key issues, and communicate/persuade constituencies towards specific actions and initiatives. Knowledge of a regional language is preferred.
- Good decision-making and tactical skills are required in order to develop policy options and recommendations to address issues expeditiously.
- Should be well organized, highly motivated, process driven and results oriented with the ability to rebalance priorities and assume responsibility in a multi-tasking environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident and must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of broad guidelines
- Must be able to work under pressure, and with all levels of the organization, government officials and trade associations
- Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
- Ability to travel to various meetings/client sites – extensive international travel and overnight absence will be required
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions. Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Around 50% domestic and international required
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.