Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
This exciting position within the Visa Global Merchant Core Product team is focused on leading both external client solution discussions and product/strategy development. Aligned to a retail industry sub segment and the related merchants, this role will help to refine/develop retail segment strategies and product roadmaps, coordinate roll out of new products and solutions to clients, and address operational issues to maximize Visa's penetration in the segment.
This position will work closely with the various Visa teams, including the merchant, product, and marketing organizations. In addition, given the global scope this role will work closely with the regional teams to address new opportunities and better align and coordinate efficient implementation of new products and services.Responsibilities
- Refine and develop retail segment business strategies that position Visa to capitalize on emerging customer and market needs, and influence the direction of the industry. Coordinate rules alignment, IRF changes and analytics with stakeholder groups to identify key segment penetration and optimization initiatives.
- Consult with merchants and their Visa Account Executives (AE) to address pain points and understand the clients business. Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact clients and the direction of the business.
- Provide 'value-add' analysis and commentary for merchants/acquirers through customized data and benchmarking reports.
- Support implementation of customized solutions to improve operating performance related to authorizations, charge backs and improving customer experiences at the POS.
- Coordinate retail sector 'best practices' documentation and participate in industry forums to reinforce Visa's leadership. Lead and/or support client outreach with industry associations.
- 'Primary point of contact' for AEs on sector specific acceptance issues. Support joint development of customized account plans within designated sector with AEs to increase sales volume, revenues, support of Visa products and services, as well as in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client.
- Coordinate with the cross-product team regarding new processing product development and acceptance policy initiatives.
- Actively manage a product pipeline and generate new ideas. Participate and lead various projects across industry sectors.
- Minimum of 10 years business experience in consulting or payment related organizations. Strategy/product with business development backgrounds preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of merchant related payments experience.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
- Strong critical/strategic thinking skills, with ability to create unique solutions and recommendations in a complex environment.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and financial acumen. Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a commanding executive presence.
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and executing complex projects.
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions.
- Preferred: Experience negotiating business agreements and ability to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.