Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Immunology Strategy and Operations Leader (SOSL), to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To accelerate our leadership and deliver our next generation solutions for treatment and interception of immune-mediated diseases, Janssen Immunology is recruiting for a Senior Director, Immunology Strategy & Operations Leader (SOSL) and Integrated Operations Head. This leader will be responsible for supporting Janssen’s end-to-end portfolio across the Rheumatology, Gastroenterology, and Dermatology Disease Area Stronghold (DASs). The candidate will join the Immunology R&D Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Immunology Management Board (IMB), and Immunology Development Leadership Team (IDLT), and will oversee the Immunology TA strategy to optimize end-to-end R&D productivity by partnering with DAS teams, CDTs, R&D functional leaders, and cross-R&D operational functions to drive operational excellence.
Responsibilities for the SOSL include:
- Accountable for robust portfolio operational management to drive and optimize delivery of the Immunology Portfolio
- Leadership and oversight of Immunology Operations Committee, including the following deliverables:
-Proactively identify risks across the Development portfolio and develop
-Drive paths of resolution for functional resource conflicts and project issues
-Hold teams accountable to a high standard of critical path execution,
business discipline and timely delivery
- Manage the short, medium and long-term resources planning needed to support and progress the Immunology TA portfolio and advise IMB on operational portfolio prioritization and resourcing gaps
- Lead TA in setting strategic operational goals to improve efficiency in portfolio delivery
- Facilitate communication of program/portfolio actions and recommendations between teams, DASs, IMB and functions
- Ensure Immunology TA portfolio-readiness prior to BP, Strat Plan, Prioritization & DAS Review cycles
- Contribute to the setting of the Immunology development organization Goals & Objectives (G&O) and align with Immunology TA G&O
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in drug development with industry or related (e.g. pharma, biotech, CRO, academia clinical research) leadership experience is required
- A Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree (ie. MD, PhD, MS, MBA degree) is desirable but not required
- Should possess a proven track record of exceptional team management including the consistent demonstration of behaviors as defined in the Johnson and Johnson Leadership Imperatives (Live our Credo, Connect, Shape, Lead, and Deliver)
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research, non-clinical, clinical, regulatory affairs, CMC and marketing is required
- Energy and enthusiasm to inspire and mobilize teams are fully essential
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% annually is required (international as well as domestic)
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.