Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world's largest payment ecosystem?
Are you looking to join a start-up or an incubator so that you could convert your ideas into real products? Come join us.
We are hiring for a Senior Director for our Innovation Team, based in San Francisco to provide thought leadership and mentorship to the engineering team and manage client engagements and ideation workshops, in collaboration with senior resources from Product and Design team. This is a unique role requiring special expertise different from traditional engineering managers and requires deep knowledge and passion for innovation. The individual should lead by example, must be great at problem solving, ideation and architecture discussions, and must be capable of building competencies around specific skill set in the team.
The specific individual must be a proven technical expert, a role model and go to person for specific subject matter or domain. The ideal person must have deep subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas: Big Data and Machine Learning, Blockchain, IOT, AR/VR. Additionally, the person must have enough depth and a solid understanding of innovations taking place in and around payment industry.
Visa will provide the tools, the environment, the eco-system and the support you need. You will find an informal, innovation friendly environment at 1 Market St in the middle of San Francisco downtown, overlooking some sweeping views of the Bay and Bay Bridge.
Interested? Read on and apply!
Reporting to Vice President - Innovation Center, the Senior Director is responsible for:
- Developing and executing projects and programs within a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical to the organization
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into demo-able products by working closely with advanced technology and high profile IP
- Prior experience must include leadership for mission-critical web and mobile payment or related high transaction systems
- Work alongside and collaborate with UX, art, engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be scrappy and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel solutions and tools.
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies
- Own the roadmap for engineering fundamentals
- Evangelize developer productivity solutions and systems across all the development teams to drive adoption
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
- Team builder and capable of building culture for innovation
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs and
- Experience with Big Data
Cluster-Computation: Hadoop/Hive/Pig and related technologies
- Mobile application development on
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.