At the core of everything we do at AstraZeneca and Medimmune is an unsurmountable passion for improving patient health. We are committed to delivering high standards of sales and marketing practices that are the core of driving commercial success responsibly. Together, we aim to positively impact the world through extraordinary science; and approach the pipeline with the passion, innovation and rigor it takes to be a revolutionary force in biotechnology.
We are committed to delivering consistently high ethical standards of sale and marketing practices worldwide. We are driven by the desire to develop innovative medicines that bring hope and improve lives. Senior Director, Insight & Analytics - Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area
The Senior Director Insight & Analytics - Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area is a highly consultative role accountable for generating actionable insights and driving improved decision-making that materially impact the business. This broad role spans both analytics, forecasting, sales and primary market research with considerable functional depth required, and will support the Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area franchise in the US. Importantly, this role is a key liaison with the Brand, Sales, and Market Access teams which requires a strong leadership ethic in terms of strategic thinking, communication excellence and driving results. This role includes managerial responsibility for a team of insight & analytic professionals. This role will also require business partnership with multiple stakeholders beyond the Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area team including Commercial Operations, Finance, and GPPS (Global organization).Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a strategic thought partner with Brand, Sales and Maps Team to develop brand strategies leveraging a range of analytics and insight from the marketplace to unlock the full commercial value of the Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area portfolio
- Guide the analytics and insight involved in the development of marketing materials and provide guidance on the go-to market tactical plan
- Guide and shape the development of KPI's/brand health monitoring in order to clearly and quickly diagnose brand performance and impact tactical plans to drive greater business results post launch
- Develop people from both a functional skills and leadership perspective with goal of increasing the talent level (across the span of acquired, developed and retained)
- Design the insight plan in conjunction with the Head of Insight in order to ensure resources (dollars and people) are best leveraged to meet the true business needs
- Partners with the Marketing Sciences and Market Access Insights teams to develop an integrated approach to addressing business issues
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in a relevant field (e.g., business, statistics, marketing)
- 10+ years of experience in analytics and insights
- Over five years of experience conducting range of analytics - such as segmentation, forecasting, and promotional response modeling - involving standard data in Pharmaceutical industry (e.g., IMS Rx and patient-level data, IMS Xponent, epidemiological data, IMS Plantrak, etc.)
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of and experience with key market research techniques
- Proven ability to operate and influence cross-functionally
- Proven ability to lead teams, influence cross-functionally and manage multiple, complex demands
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Advanced Degree (e.g., MA, MBA)
- Managed a group of at least 1-3 analytical staff
- Experience in renal cardio therapeutic areas (e.g. hyperkalaemia, anemia in chronic kidney disease)
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised