NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Director, Learning - Commercial Bank
The Senior Director, Learning will serve as the Head of Learning and Development for the Commercial Bank. This individual will have a direct hand in designing, building and implementing blended learning strategies designed to help our internal associates and business leaders grow their technical skills, analytical abilities and general business leadership acumen. He or she will help build a world-class learning curriculum as part of transforming our organization, and will partner with business leaders and with Capital One University learning professionals to design and build learning strategies to support our vision and strategy.
The Senior Director, Learning will lead a group of highly skilled and passionate learning professionals and will have the unique opportunity to champion, innovate, and refine the impacts of learning throughout the organization.
- Develop and deliver learning and development strategies for the Commercial Bank
- Lead and develop a team of learning professionals to develop innovative training solutions
- Lead the development and implementation of learning initiatives in support of key business priorities
- Develop and lead the Commercial Bank College Hire Rotation Program
- Consult and advise senior business leaders on learning strategies to enable game-changing business results
- Implement adult learning best practices and innovative, creative learning strategies
- Assess and identify current and future organizational training and development needs
- Lead large scale training projects and initiatives
- Create and maintain training budgets
- Prioritize training efforts and effectively allocate resources
- Collaborate with other Capital One learning leaders to drive efficiencies
- Track and report on training effectiveness and return on investment
- Build and maintain relationships with external training vendors for training content and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in managing a corporate training function
- At least 5 years of experience in client consulting
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
- At least 5 years of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Learning and Development or Organizational Design/Effectiveness
- Experience in learning and development within the Commercial Banking industry
- At least 10 years of experience in managing a corporate training function
- At least 10 years of experience in people management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.