As a manager, helps Applied achieve its short and long-term objective. Utilizes highly specialized skills, and an ability to work across Business and functional leads within the company to improve Applied's Business Success. Promotions into this level require approval from senior level Executives and/or for the E Band, a governance board or entity. Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure Market Research function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals.
- Directs and controls the activities of Market Research, end markets, sizing, share reporting and investor relations support at the company level.
- Directs the development of market research for specific products or product lines including requirements, inflections, Sizing and implications for Applied materials.
- Directs the development and functional improvements in market research across the company, supporting Core and new growth initiatives.
- Support competitive analysis of specific products or product lines.
- Drives effective interface, and communication of market insight with Strategic Marketing leads, General managers, Business management and exec staff.
- The role requires keeping abreast of new developments in current and new markets, analytics practices, competition and value chain participants. Demonstrates a broad understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to market research, analysis & investor relations.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. This includes enabling the business unit to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads key cross-functional project teams or initiatives. Acts as a mentor and role model to others within the organization
- Exercises a high degree of autonomy when making decisions that impact the business unit or function deliverables
- Decisions and work products impact annual goal attainment and contribute to achievement of important objectives of the company.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to be able to modify the beliefs and opinions of peers and senior executives in the company.
- Creates strong business relationships with key stakeholders to enlist their active support
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Master's degree or higher in technical discipline or MBA
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.