Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is currently recruiting for a Public Affairs and Issues Management Leader.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Medical Device Public Affairs and Issues Management Leader will be responsible for developing and executing a sector-specific communication strategy and plan that addresses Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies public policy business objectives in North America and for globally for critical technology litigation matters. Through effective issues management the leader will help to protect the reputation of the Medical Devices businesses and that of the larger Johnson & Johnson brand.
- Proactively shaping and setting the tone for global policy and issues
- Shape industry and advocacy efforts through engagement and influence
- Build stakeholder trust and advocacy
- Manage NA issues for the Medical Device Franchises and advice on significant issues within the regions that have the potential for global implications.
- Develop and execute, in coordination with Government Affairs, an effective legislative Public Affairs strategy that advances Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies Policy Strategy and Communications/Corporate Reputation strategies within North America.
- Begin to scope out a global team design over the course of the next year to define how to manage global franchise issues.
- Identify emerging policy issues that may affect Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices and lead the development of a strategic and organized communications approach for advocating J&J’s position(s).
- Advise leaders on J&J’s policies and positions and provide communications counsel to J&J Medical Device leaders and collaborate to develop MD positions.
- Develop high visibility, high impact policy communications for senior executives and the capabilities and processes needed to support key policy objectives.
- Oversee writing, editing and production communications vehicles for the print and broadcast media and internal audiences and equip J&J leadership and spokespeople with key messages and talking points on MD policy issues.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for coordinating issues management communications and MD PA strategies and programs in North America.
- Collaborate with ad hoc core teams to understand the history, facts and implications of emerging issues and develop relevant strategies, messaging, communications plans and procedures to manage those issues appropriately. Teams may include members from Quality, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, Operations, R&D, Commercial Leaders, Government Affairs or other functions.
- The Communications Leader will gain a deep understanding of the facts and the implications and develop communications plans and disseminate appropriate materials along with a process for addressing media and other inquiries.
- Manage joint communications with outside stakeholder groups, such as AdvaMed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; MA in Public Policy or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in communications, issues management, and public policy/public affairs is required
- Demonstrates the ability to build public trust and enhance the reputation of the business and enterprise is required
- Significant business acumen in Medical Devices and understanding of enterprise strategy is required
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities is required
- Must have experience managing global issues and a demonstrated ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment to develop strategies based on local implications in markets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders is required
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms is preferred
- Ability to effectively direct and work with communications agencies is required
- This position will be based out of one of our Johnson & Johnson offices in the North East United States.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-New York, North America-United States-Indiana, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Delaware, North America-United States-Ohio, North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Vermont, North America-United States-District of Columbia, North America-United States-New Hampshire, North America-United States-Virginia, North America-United States-West Virginia, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-Connecticut, North America-United States-Maine, North America-United States-Rhode IslandOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.