The Senior Director of Media Relations and Financial Communications reports directly to the Vice President of Corporate Communications - Media Relations and is responsible for developing external communications strategy and leading corporate financial communications for PepsiCo. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with financial and business media, including monitoring and real-time updates on all PepsiCo media coverage
- Providing timely and consistent updates to PepsiCo leadership about external perceptions of the company's financial performance
- Maintaining a firm understanding of PepsiCo's business, including broader competitive environment and sector issues
- Conducting market and competitive intelligence and analysis; represent external media perspectives to PEP leadership
- Developing high-impact communication strategies that provide direct support to the company's operating model and business objectives
- Supporting quarterly earnings process, including executing logistical coordination with a high level of precision and developing supporting assets
- Working closely with IR to prepare media materials including press releases, presentation, fact sheets, etc
- Developing content for digital channels
- Supporting CFO
- Supporting executives and IR at industry events: CAGNY, Barclay's Back to School Conference and others
In addition to the above, this individual will work closely with the entire global media relations team on reactive and proactive communications regarding our corporate narrative and company performance. S/he will also serve as an advisor, counselor and coach to communications leaders in the business units and global sectors.
To be successful, it is critically important that the individual can establish a trusted relationship with the company's CFO and the Investor Relations team, and become a hands-on "player coach" to brand teams and operating units. S/he must be passionate and highly motivated, with the ability to inspire others, perform above expectations and earn the confidence of a dynamic media relations team and communications senior leadership.
This position is based in our global headquarters in Purchase, NY. Qualifications/Requirements
- 12+ years of communications leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience and expert in understanding how the media works and how various audiences are impacted and will react to company/brand actions.
- Proven relationship building skills, and a record of partnering with internal and external teams and operating units to achieve common objectives and support a business plan.
- Strong understanding of company
- Experience developing trusted relationships with media, and developing a broad range of media contacts across the U.S.
- Outstanding writing, positioning and consultative skills.
- Ability to manage a budget
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with proven track record of communications expertise
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, including basic understanding of financial statements, ability to identify trends, issues, etc.
- General working knowledge and understanding of financial media, public equity markets, Reg FD requirements and Wall Street
- Proven ability to manage concurrent assignments, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Possess a high level of integrity, professionalism and sensitivity to confidential information
- Team player, flexible, personable and able to work well with others
- Able to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Strong and confident communicator
- Proven ability to deliver quality output while working under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is required. Master's degree is even more enticing
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.