Senior Director Mobile of iOS Engineering
The Enterprise iOS Mobile Engineering team is responsible for building the Capital One Mobile Banking iOS experiences, including the iPhone and Apple Watch app. Our award winning app enables our 45 million customers to manage their Credit Card, Bank, Auto Loan, Home Loan and Investing accounts.The app is also a mobile e-commerce platform, enabling new customer and account origination.
The engineering team is passionate about delivering amazing user experiences and shipping on time with high quality through use of the best technology and engineering practices available. The iOS team is part of a larger technology organization empowered and energized to deliver delightful customer experiences in all digital channels (Web, Mobile, Personal Assistant, etc..).
- Managing the development of the Capital One Mobile Banking app on iOS devices including the iPhone and Apple Watch
- People manager for a 75 person team of iOS client engineers and quality engineers
- Partner with other departments like Product Management, Line of Business API engineers, Security and Operations to regularly ship new releases.
- Inspire the team through culture and by example
- Manage stakeholders through regular meetings, communication, and presentations
- Recruit new engineering talent and represent the Capital One brand through conference speaking and public writing
- Influence mobile development best practices throughout the company
- Set and measure organization strategy, goals and metrics
- Work with Product Management, Architecture, and the release train engineer to build and adjust development procedures.
- Grow and provide SME level leadership in iOS mobile client development and the overall Apple ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and 3rd party partners.
- Bachelors Degreeor military experience
- At least 15 total years of professional software experience
- At least 7 years of professional coding experience.
- At least 7 years of experience managing groups of 25 or more engineers
- At least 3 years of experience with managing multiple iOS engineering teams and regularly shipping apps.
- At least 5 years of experience leading software delivery using Agile
- 3 years of iOS software development experience
- Shipped multiple apps to the app store
- 5 years experience building apps with over 1M monthly active users
- 2 years working on cross-location engineering teams.
- 5 years experience managing medium to large development organizations using SAFE (Scaled Agile Framework) or other Agile
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in banking or FinTech
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.