Senior Director, NA Channel Marketing
We're looking for a channel marketing executive to lead Oracle's North America Channel Marketing team. This position will report into the North America Marketing leader and will be responsible for developing a channel marketing plan to drive partner engagement, build indirect pipeline and attain revenue goals.
This position spans all Oracle solutions, including our dynamic SaaS, PaaS and IaaS businesses, as well as core tech and cloud infrastructure (spanning engineered systems, servers, storage, and converged infrastructure). Our partner ecosystem includes a rapidly developing Cloud partner community as well as more traditional VARs, Reseller/SIs, DMRs and global and regional system integrators. You should have experience with all these partner types, in both resell and co-sell/influencer models.
The successful candidate will combine a solid background in traditional channel marketing and sales programs, with recent successes deploying marketing campaigns with and through partners. Position Description
- Leadership role for a talented, high-energy channel marketing pro who is both sales/partner- and customer-centric, analytical, results oriented, strategic and disciplined.
- Design and deliver complete channel initiatives (including partner awareness/training, sales engagement/go-to-market, demand gen, incentives) to spur sales of target solutions through the channel.
- Collaborate with Oracle NA Marketing to build partners into Oracle-led activities and ensure channel plans are coordinated and complementary to those of Oracle marketing.
- Establish mechanisms and metrics to measure impact of campaigns; provide regular reports to demonstrate value/ROI.
- You must have the ability to think strategically across the business and envision broad, multi-channel initiatives to drive results across multiple priorities, while effectively interacting with partners, channel sales and field marketing colleagues and managing a team for day-to-day delivery and execution.
- The candidate will need to possess strong analytical/business skills, outstanding communication skills, true drive for results, and good networking and influencing skills across a complex organization.
- This is a metrics driven business. You must be able to determine appropriate measurements for all activities and track and report progress against targets in a highly structured fashion.
- Strong back-office/operational skills and experience managing MDF and traditional funds, including compliance and POP.
- This is a highly collaborative team - successful candidate will be both pragmatic and creative when working with others.
- 12 years of experience in business and/or customer marketing background is desired, preferably in a high technology area.
- 5 years of channel marketing experience in a leadership role.
- Some travel required (up to 25%)
Travel Componen t :
Up to 25% travel within the US and Canada may be required to successfully fill this role. Position Location:
Onsite at Oracle office - preferably in Reston, VA. Will also consider Redwood Shores, CA and New York, NY (Manhattan) offices. Be part of the innovation. Qualifications:
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle*s products and services.
Develop and implement corporate communication plan within own business area to ensure achievement of short and long term business objectives, increased profit and market control. Be an active member of the global Marketing team to ensure consistency of marketing campaigns and messages. Disseminate key corporate information to the line-of-business and geography operations pertaining to new product development/launches. Actively develop new approaches and opportunities for expanding company business base. Act as a liaison with senior management to ensure that marketing activities are in support of sales plans. Direct marketing resources and budget to be deployed using the most appropriate marketing mix for the line-of-business and/or the geography. Ensure consistency between global directions and line-of-business/single-geography implementation choices. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns on a line-of-business/geographical basis. Maintain necessary contact with major suppliers, agencies, customers, industry associations and government representatives to achieve marketing objectives. Provide effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market needs.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business Internet practical know-how. Proven ability to manage budget, approval processes, resource allocations. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.