Senior Director of Engineering
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you love the idea that your software simplifies business processes and helps companies grow? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is seeking a Sr. Director of Software Engineering to lead, mentor, and build a talented software engineering team focused on delivering game changing client experiences for our Commercial Bank. You will be responsible for imagining, designing, coding and operating next generation highly scalable, highly reliable solutions.
As the technical leader for a growing team of developers coding in agile teams, you’ll understand and translate business needs into premiere technology solutions to meet clients’ needs through software, while influencing technology decisions across the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to transform culture in a business ready to disrupt the industry, and excited about how cutting edge technology can enable them to scale new heights. Digital is our new ecosystem, and the opportunity to apply these capabilities within the Commercial Bank is tremendous.
In this role, you will need the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical foundation to ensure that we build compelling, client oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new client-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for leading teams to create market-leading software for savvy business clients and you are our fit.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology teams and projects to provide web, API and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- Manage technology teams to develop business applications, and ensure business applications have high availability and performance
- Experience building business-to-business applications that empower clients to succeed
- Have extensive experience in rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Have passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, AngularJS
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience, building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems – ideally in an agile environment
- At least 3 years of experience with leading edge technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in developing web applications
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience working within digitally savvy companies
- Experience working with client facing web applications
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.