Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Director of Enterprise Monitoring Engineering and Operations
Capital One is looking for aSenior Director of Enterprise Monitoring Engineering and Operationsto join our team. As the leader of the Monitoring team, you will set the technology strategy needed to support ourenterpriseapplications and infrastructure availability on premise& public cloud.
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of an entrepreneurial team you will help shape the future of howMonitoring technology is used in the Enterprise andprovides technical leadership and oversight of the engineering and operations team, and related vendors.
- Provide strong technical leadership for instrumentation, aggregation and consumption of enterprise monitoring dataand develop custom solutions using Open source tools around MaaS (Monitoring as a Service).
- Partner with line of business stakeholders to understand monitoring needs, aggregate views, and educate them on how to leverage services, as well as providing necessary operational metrics
- Drive improvements in enterprise monitoring and consumption through proofs of concept, R&D, platform/vendor selection and implementation.
- Ability to support negotiations on scope of work as well as manage work with outside vendors / integrators. This includes SOW, MSA, NDA’s, along with full financial tracking and defining business benefits.
- Contribute and review solution design: ensure innovation, security, and business requirements are met, while also keeping a keen eye on improving the overall monitoring strategy
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities and conferences, and reading professional publications
- You will work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges bypartneringwith other internal or supplier teams as needed (e.g. architecture, information security, network, identity management)
- From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you will be the leader to addresses customer needs and advocates for it internally.
- Success in this role involves applying your software engineering expertise to lead the timely execution of adapting the Capital One Cloud Strategy and provide solutions to the customer’s requirements. You are an active expert/leader in the Monitoring technologies and you strongly believe that you can help any industry build its next generation Monitoring strategy in the Cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, or military experience
- At least 6 years of infrastructure and application monitoring
- At least 6 years of managing enterprise monitoring environment
- At least 10 years of experience delivering and managing technical solutions and projects in a technical or management capacity
- At least 2 year of experience in Strategy Development
- At least 5 years of experience in People Management
- Master’s Degree in Business, or Master's Degree in Commerce, or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, or Master's Degree in Management of Information Systems, or Master's Degree in Management of Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in Strategy Development
- 10+ Years of experience in People Management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.