The Senior Director of Fusion Middleware Development tools will have overall responsibility to develop, maintain and operationally support the tools used by 7500 developers in Oracle Fusion Middleware and Fusion Applications. The focus will be on continuous integration and delivery of the software and to support testing infrastructure.
The position involves:
- Managing and developing pipelines for continuous integration and deployment for PaaS, SaaS and On-premise product delivery
- Developing and maintaining tools to increase developer productivity, and standardizing the usage of tools across teams
- Optimizing build-test cycles and tracking build metrics
- Managing the operations of tools and working with IT to ensure 24X7 availability
- Being able to lead the transformation of teams to Agile development
- Working with diverse teams and creating a fast paced but predictable software delivery model
Fusion Middleware grew from nothing to a multi billion dollars business, primarily because of a strategy of integration. Instead of providing a number of disjointed pieces of software to a customer, Oracle integrates these pieces at the factory. All products can be managed centrally, provisioned, upgraded, and secured together for example.
Fusion middleware teams are going through rapid transition to Cloud First and Agile development. This role is critical in our strategy: Deliver often, fail fast.
The view from Oracle:
- Lead highly technical teams of developers
- Manage build, integration and test pipelines
- Build tools to increase developer productivity
- Measure, track and improve pipeline metrics
- Manage a geographically dispersed organization
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A deep and relevant technical knowledge of the current "world" is required (Java, Cloud technologies, WebServices, etc.). Knowledge of the Oracle stack would be a plus.
- Hands on development and strong architecture skills are required.
- A candidate must have strong programming background. Ideal leader is someone who has led development teams in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience in a large software suite build, integration and test automation framework, including building such frameworks
- Depth and breadth of knowledge with various SCM, CI and CD tools including GIT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity, Artifactory, Chef/Puppet, Docker
- Good command on linux, Java. Exposure to C and Clojure
- Being immediately comfortable leading an existing highly capable team in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Highly organized, self-directed, attentive to detail, and able to direct multiple projects and people simultaneously.
- Experience with a large software company as the role requires familiarity and comfort level with a very large organization.
- An expert who is comfortable leading his own team but also drives progress outside of his own organization.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.