Senior Director of Product Management – IaaS
Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1700039U
Senior Director of Product Management - IaaS
If you are a cloud leader with proven track record for engineering and business leadership; if you understand cloud markets and can apply your superior engineering acumen, business experience and market awareness for deep partnership with Oracle's massive sales force - this role may be a perfect fit for you!
Oracle Corporation is making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable and transformative IaaS platform to help its customers through their generational shift to the cloud. The company is reengineering its vast array of software and hardware assets and retooling its sales and engineering practices to position itself as the best cloud platform leader. With Oracle's deeply innovative culture; unique track record of delivering most popular software platforms and its unparalleled ability to maintain a pulse of the enterprise customers - we are the only company on the planet that is delivering the most compelling services at every layer of the cloud.
Inside Oracle - we are a fast-growing; fast moving engineering group focused on delivering Oracle's next generation infrastructure-as-a-service platform. We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable global infrastructure cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. This platform will show our customers the promise of infinite, on-demand, globally scalable infrastructure capacity that they can use to deliver efficient, productive and compliant services to their customers.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to lead our end to end field enablement efforts focused on Oracle's massive sales force. Your key accountabilities will be as follows -
1. Own and execute all field enablement, training and engagement activities.
2. Build all the field focused content, platform positioning and messaging assets.
3. Be the face of engineering to the sales and marketing teams and partner on all field events; campaigns as an engineering representative.
4. Own and execute the rhythm of business between field and engineering with focus on business performance and joint KPIs.
5. Maintain field engagement on platform adoption blockers and be the voice of the field into engineering and vice versa
6. Completely modernize field enablement activities and forums to keep up with engineering velocity.
7. Take point to eliminate engineering roadblocks from deal closure; platform usage and customer reference ability to help the field.
To deliver on your accountabilities - we are looking for following skills / qualifications -
1. 15 years of experience in a public cloud or online service / platform environment.
2. Deep understanding of cloud competitive landscape; customer priorities and challenges
3. Experience building demand generation frameworks
4. Deep experience engaging with sales, marketing and business development teams
5. Strong technical acumen, communication and interpersonal skills
Come over; make epic things happen and redefine cloud computing!
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Senior Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.