Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
In this role, you will manage a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk's products and solutions in the Security space. You will lead the team responsible for driving thought leadership and launching new solutions, opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. Your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases in these markets, creating the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco or San Jose, California and is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual at a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company. Strong experience in product and solution marketing with an entrepreneurial orientation is essential. Deep domain expertise in Security is required.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The Senior Director of Product Marketing for Security will:
- Be a key part of the Security Market leadership team, Define market strategy and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales in the Security market
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing , professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Create key sales tools including competitive analyses to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, press releases, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, sales and channel training, online marketing, etc.
- Work across security market group to help shaping business and product strategy, drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing his her expertise in specific sales situations.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
- 12+ years of product marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software.
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Excellent written and oral communication presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Highly relevant domain expertise--industry experience in the SIEM, Compliance, Security Analytics, UEBA, Fraud and related cybersecurity markets..
- Strong knowledge of existing technologies and solutions in the Security marketplace, the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Strong leadership skills, team player and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team management skills.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.