Senior Director of User Experience As key lead of Oracle's in-house interactive team, you'll partner with business leaders, creative and coding teams. You'll define strategy and lead a talented user experience team to market large enterprise cloud solutions though highly relevant, engaging, and funnel-driven digital experiences.
This is a dream job for an experienced Senior UX Director - to have real impact at an enterprise level, setting the UX strategy and best practices for Oracle's digital marketing portfolio, with an emphasis on responsive web. Be part of the management team that is responsible for making the company's brand tangible, relevant, and compelling through the power of customer centric digital experiences. Report directly to the Executive Creative Director / Brand VP.
A key requirement is that you have an appetite for and a proven record on design thinking practices to redefine the way brands connect with consumers. It's your job to translate business strategy into breakthrough user centered design solutions that address and simplify complex user, technical, and design requirements.
This is a full-time position based at either HQ or remote location.
Who we're looking for: • You're not afraid of being disruptive while delivering on tangible project outcomes and innovations for improved user experience
• You're an effective contributor and leader, passionate about the quality of your own contributions and your teams' collective efforts, to bring innovation to life
• You have a healthy disregard for the status quo and thrive in an environment that encourages risk. You have a keen ability to learn from honest failures
• You embrace gathering and analyzing metrics and use the data as your super weapon of truth, to inform ongoing improvement of team's output and achieve greater success
• You pioneer leveraging new technology, unexpected ideas, and pushing the boundaries in solving UX problems and continued innovation
• You're a UX fanatic and have your finger on the pulse of culture, technology, and industry trends
What you'll be doing: • Define digital experience strategy to maximize ROI on customer experience journeys across Oracle Marketing's main digital properties
• Distill complex business problems and propose simple, elegant user experiences that work across all digital touch points.
• Be the key advocate for the user with the goal of delighting and simplifying the user experience
• Create simple and elegant experiences rooted in strategy, that delivery meaningful stories, and create delightful conversations with the customers
• Lead by example-encouraging, inspiring, and facilitating innovation in UX excellence practices
• Manage a team of UX designers in creating innovative and effective marketing solutions for all digital touchpoints
• Present to internal clients and senior executives
• Drive brand consistency while creating new UX design patterns
Skills you'll need: • 10 years experience at either an agency working on technology accounts or at a technology company-or any relevant, broad-product-portfolio brand
• Be a metrics junkie. Know how to define requirements, collect, and analyze user engagement data
• A deep understanding of HTML coding technologies and testing
• Mobile responsive and native application design experience
• Strong leadership skills with inspiring, positive outlook
• An organized, dependable, proactive, self starter nature
• Manage time wisely with an eye for detail. Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• A sense of humor and good listening skills a plus
As a key member of the Marketing Mgmt team, direct the development of company marketing programs.
Develop and implement corporate communication plan within own business area to ensure achievement of short and long term business objectives, increased profit and market control. Be an active member of the global Marketing team to ensure consistency of marketing campaigns and messages. Disseminate key corporate information to the geography operations pertaining to new product development/launches. Actively develop new approaches and opportunities for expanding company business base. Liaise with management to ensure that marketing activities are in support of sales plans. Direct marketing resources and budget to be deployed using the most appropriate marketing mix for the geography. Ensure consistency between global directions and single-geography implementation choices. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns on a geographical basis as needed. Maintain necessary contact with major suppliers, agencies, customers, industry associations and government representatives to achieve marketing objectives. Provide effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market needs.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business Internet practical know-how. Proven ability to manage budget, approval processes, resource allocations. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.