Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, PMO Therapeutic Area Leader, Oncology to be located in Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Director, PMO Therapeutic Area Leader (TAL), Oncology will:
• Provide leadership, direction and employee development to the Oncology PMO unit, a group of about 35 Cross-functional and Clinical Program Managers working across the spectrum from drug discovery through to approval and including business development and partnerships.
• Coordinate the work of the group, provide coaching and mentoring and create a work environment which is in line with J&J’s CREDO values, including the company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
• Partner closely with the Oncology Therapeutic Area leadership to drive and operationalize compound development strategy and to optimize portfolio value.
• Help the PMO group to identify and escalate program risks and issues and to resolve these in collaboration with all R&D functions.
• Serve as PMO representative to TA governance, contributing strategic insights to prioritization and decision-making based on accurate data.
• Actively engage as a member of the Cross-TA PMO Leadership Team and of the overall PMO Senior Leadership Team.
• Provide vision and leadership to PMO’s effort to constantly innovate and deliver consistent and best-in-class project management with focus on high value deliverables for R&D.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Is passionate about developing new solutions for cancer patients.
• Has strong leadership skills, strategic thinking and broad business mindset.
• Can solve big picture problems but is also ready to dive into the details.
• Naturally pushes boundaries and acts as a change agent collaborating with and inspiring others.
• Is able to work across functional boundaries and senior management levels while creating lasting connections and networks.
• Has a high level of emotional intelligence allowing for negotiation and working through ambiguity, including during times of change or in sensitive situations.
• Has strong organizational curiosity to challenge the status quo with willingness to try new, unproven ideas.
• Has demonstrated ability to positively impact productivity and business results.
• Is passionate about people and their development.
• Has excellent presentation and communication skills with strong executive presence.
• Embodies the PMO core values of servant leadership, curiosity, positivity, rigor, openness and collegiality and is ready to work hard AND have fun.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in biological, pharmaceutical, clinical or combined business/science discipline is required
• An advanced degree is preferred
• A minimum of 12 years of post-graduate experience is required
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical R&D setting is required
• A minimum of 5 years in project and/or portfolio management is required
• Expert knowledge of drug development process over the product life-cycle, from discovery to marketing is required
• Expert knowledge of project management and portfolio management is required
• Expertise in oncology-related science and/or cancer drug development is highly preferred
• People management/leadership experience is required
• This position will be located in Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ and will require up to 20% domestic and international travelPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function