Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas. Key Responsibilities
- Develops, aligns and implements commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the Applied Materials supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
- Approves/final authority, delivers and manages Supplier Performance Improvement Plans.
- Drives formal supplier performance reviews.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.