If massive scale, start-up environment; opportunity to drive generational transformation excite you, then read on! If you are a seasoned business and engineering leader with experience in building and managing business operations organizations; who believes in the power of numbers and analytics and who is meticulous in planning - this role may be perfect for you!
We, at Oracle Corporation, are making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable and transformative IaaS platform to help our customers through their generational shift to the cloud. We are reengineering our vast array of software and hardware assets and retooling our sales and engineering practices. With Oracle's deeply innovative culture; unique track record of delivering most popular software platforms and its unparalleled ability to maintain a pulse of the enterprise customers - we are the only company on the planet that is delivering the most compelling services at every layer of the cloud.
Inside Oracle - we are a fast-growing; fast moving engineering group focused on delivering Oracle's next generation infrastructure-as-a-service platform. We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable global infrastructure cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. This platform will show our customers the promise of infinite, on-demand, globally scalable infrastructure capacity that they can use to deliver efficient, productive and compliant services to their customers.
In this Cloud platform engineering group, we are looking for a seasoned leader to lead business operations, planning and execution for the entire IaaS business. You will be the primary leader with tabs on all elements of our business performance. You will lead the culture of measurements; focused business reviews; planning and methodical analysis. Your knack for meticulous and action-focused planning and execution will ensure the our business plans and conversations remain focused. Your ability to work across finance, sales, engineering and marketing organizations seamlessly and effectively will define your success.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be as follows -
1. Define , build and execute on the rhythm for driving Oracle's global IaaS business with engineering and executive leadership teams.
2. Define and drive IaaS global business reviews that always maintain ensure the right conversations about the state of the business across the board.
3. Drive product, strategy, field, customer, partners, branding and positioning related decisions that stem from global business execution.
4. Own and lead IaaS compete positioning and market research for Oracle IaaS.
5. Lead revenue planning, tracking and target definition for Oracle's IaaS platform in partnership with finance and the field organizations.
6. Lead COGs planning, tracking and target definition for Oracle cloud infrastructure in partnership with finance.
7. Drive usage, growth, churn, UX analytics across global usage of Oracle's IaaS platform.
8. Define campaigns and accelerators based on usage analytics for growth uptake as needed.
9. Drive analytics and business planning for Oracle's global infrastructure expansion plans.
To succeed in this role, you will need to meet following qualifications -
1. Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
2. 10 years of engineering and business planning experience
3. Deep understanding of the global cloud businesses and cloud trends
4. Penchant for market and business research that drives actions and decisions.
5. Broad financial planning, target setting and tracking experience.
6. Ability drive and derive insights from data and lead broad, cross-group conversations in a matrixed organization.
Come over; build your team; make epic things happen and redefine cloud computing!
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Senior Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.