Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction through senior managers to ensure that overall marketing function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals for more than one broad functional area
- Directs the development of market requirements for more than one broad functional area for specific products or product lines including product strategy definition, requirement analysis, technology product roadmaps and pricing.
- Directs and controls the activities of more than one broad functional area and leads effective marketing and cross-functional teams
- Directs the development of more than one broad functional area business plan, assesses market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
- Recommends to GM how to most effectively deploy resources to achieve business goals for more than one broad functional areas
- Directs the competitive analysis of specific products or product lines. Monitors market research, competitive activity and identifies/evaluates customer needs; assess competitive advantages and recommends techniques and product enhancements to increase market penetration.
- Establishes pricing strategies to build and protect a leadership position in market share while enhancing profit margins and developing marketing tools for functional successful product introductions
- Drives and executes an effective interface with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products and enhance existing products as well as communicate critical market needs and time requirements
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.