Janssen Supply Group, LLC is recruiting for a Senior Director, Quality Control (Stability Laboratories) to be based in Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ. Considerations will be made for other Janssen sites in New Jersey and Pennsylvania but will require regular travel to Raritan and Titusville sites.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Supply Group, LLC is part of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Supplier Quality as their primary focus, this group strives to provides access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with their Procurement, R&D, and other Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Director, Quality Control (Stability Laboratories) will:
- Lead the stability team of Quality Control (QC) laboratories. The QC leads at each of our stability laboratories reports directly to this position.
- Develop and implement strategy for the Stability function.
- Drive testing and operating strategies to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the QC operations.
- Manage escalation issues or testing interruptions in conjunction with the local QC lead and site QA.
- Ensure strong budgetary management, both CAPEX and OPEX.
- Establish the implementation of new technologies and processes that forward our strategies to maximize productivity and reduce testing cycle time.
- Ensure a clear talent development strategy is implemented for the Stability team enabling career development, both technical and people leadership. Ensure we build new capabilities for the new product pipeline.
- Ensure scalable and flexible capacity utilization within Stability network, utilizing both internal and external laboratory capabilities to address both peaks and troughs in demand.
- Develop and deploy cost competitiveness focus and ensure the culture of continuous improvement is strong within the Stability network.
- Work with peers and the other Quality control team leaders globally to deploy and embed standardized processes through the centers of excellence.
- Lead Quality and Compliance responsibilities for their labs and have advanced knowledge of laboratory-related GMP regulatory requirements.
- Represent the Stability team QC in platform, PDMS or other leadership forums as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in a Life Science is required.
- A Master’s degree in science or business is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience in a highly regulated industry in required.
- Certification in Lean/Six Sigma is a plus.
- Previous laboratory management and/or equivalent supply chain experience (Operations/Quality management, etc.) is required.
- Prior experience managing stability laboratories is preferred.
- Knowledge of the business environment inside a quality organization across various roles is required.
- Strong leadership capabilities, in particular as a change agent, and ability to lead transformations to deliver higher performance is required.
- Proven track record working in and supporting a global matrix environment is required.
- Previous experience with budget and capacity planning (OPEX, CAPEX, headcount) is required.
- Ability to translate strategy to execution and drive the organization forward in executing and delivering results is required.
- Ability to resolve and manage operational and quality problems is required.
- Experience in Process Excellence (Design Excellence, Six Sigma) is highly preferred.
- This position will be based in Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ and may require between 25-35% travel depending on business needs. Please note: considerations will be made for other Janssen sites in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, however regular travel to the Raritan and Titusville sites will be expected on top of other travel requirements for position.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-New JerseyOrganization
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)Job Function
Quality ControlRequisition ID