Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Vision: Work closely with risk and payments leadership to refine and expand our overall risk management focus and supporting infrastructure
- Execution: Help to identify what we should do when, what success looks like and ensure on time and quality delivery
- Thought Leadership: Understand the risk management landscape globally and partner with regional business leads to understand their market and business needs to define a focused strategy and align priorities
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 15+ years of progressive experience in managing a business function; Expertise in leading Risk Management functions
- Risk Management Capabilities: Understands marketplace dynamics and can develop and execute a multi-year strategy which addresses risk at the transaction, account and portfolio levels to deliver best-in-class loss rates using appropriate levers which manage risk while minimizing customer friction points.
- Fraud Detection & Prevention Capabilities: Understands how to combine information yielded from fraud patterns and data analytics and business knowledge to identify insights. Employs a ‘customer first’ and end-to-end mindset to define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities.
- Lead the Global Risk teams across multiple geographies.
- Manage portfolio of risk management detection capabilities and loss-reducing levers, and collaborate with PayPal Risk to find and mitigate losses in the eBay portfolio. These levers include: holds, limits, reserves, automatic payment methods, as well as new levers that will need to be identified and developed.
- Manage losses from eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program and optimize tradeoffs between loss management and GMV enablement.
- Drive change to top Risk metrics (including Loss Rate, GMV enablement, and contact reduction).
- Estimate and forecast recent and future losses and partner with regional CFOs and business leaders to meet the margin and expense management needs of the regional business owners.
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time and back-end risk and fraud models to predict and control risk associated with new accounts, and to combat purchase and selling fraud, identity theft fraud, stockouts, seller non-performance issues, etc.
View accessibility info here
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.