About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Senior Director, Scientific Affairs Lead provides leadership on behalf the US Medical and Scientific Affairs team and reports to the North America Region Medical Lead. Primary efforts will be assigned to Lead the North America Scientific Affairs program.
• Medical Plan Development: Leads the development of strategies and tactics to support Assets
needs, and ensures delivery of Scientific Plans for the assets. Oversees and coordinates medical
input into brand strategies and tactics ensuring US scientific needs are met.
• Support POAs and US Sales training needs through partnership in developing
materials and provide expert medical presentations and education. Support development of
• Partners with US commercial team to provide medical input and review and is accountable to ensure alignment on US key strategies, US deliverables & US communication.
• Publication Subcommittee (PSC) Membership: Collaborate with Clinical Development and
Clinical Affairs global colleagues on key governance committee to support development of a
strategic global and regional publication plans, participate in data analysis efforts, and lead or
participate in manuscript, abstract, and poster development.
• Regulatory Support: Provides US and Canada with medical support and guidance for label updates and responses to regulatory requests.
• Safety Support: Provides US and Canada with scientific support, analysis, guidance for safety updates, issues pertaining to regional business.
• Advanced degree, PhD, Pharm D or equivalent.
• Expertise in Vaccines and Disease area.
• Pharmaceutical and or Epidemiology experience preferred.
• Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing
• Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of
• Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build
internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations.
• Very strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and
• Significant cross-functional leadership/management experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in leadership behavior.
• Expertise in vaccines and immunization programs with an established international KOL
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.